Taurus TX22C Competition Model

throttleup

I recently purchased a Taurus TX22C Competition Pistol and just finished watching a YouTube review of it.

The video wasn't very positve or encouraging. They experienced numerous failures to feed with all the ammo they used except for the CCI Mini Mags. Needless to say, I was a little apprehensive.

Today I took it to the range to test fire and check the three included 16 round mags. Happily, I didn't experience any failures to feed in over 200 rounds of mixed ammo. I used cheap Brazilian made Magtech 40 gr. SVCP's, more expensive Mexican made Aquila Super Extra 40 gr copper plated, American made CCI Standard Blue Box 1070 fps and Philippine made Armscor 36 gr. Hi Vel ammo.

I had one failure to fire with a Magtech round. This is not unusual with this ammo and I only use if for practice. I shoot the faster and more reliable Aquilas in action matches and the CCI's in Bullseye.

I had exactly zero failures to feed with any ammo and only one failure to fire with the Magtech. A few failures to lock back the slide on the last shot with the Magtech's but none with any of the other ammo.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the operation and accuracy of this gun. I have a Holosun 507C mounted on it and am looking forward to shooting a few (not for score) IDPA and IPSC matches. It's also nice having 16 rounds mags instead of only 10.

Finding a holster for it might be a challenge. I haven't found anything yet that fits. Luckily, I have a Kydex holster maker (Sindri Tactical) close by and may end up with a custom made one.

Must have been a limp wristed, YouTube snowflake. I have a standard TX22 and I love it. The only ammo is doesn’t like is that Winchester self defense round, which was really inconsistent in power, some just barely popped, none banged louder than standard velocity 22 rounds. Other than a few early models that had defective barrels, replacements were sent out by Taurus, most everything I’ve seen on the TX22 has been positive.

Back