Taurus Trying Single Actions Again

Looks much much better than cerokote though ;) .

Also noticed it uses a transfer bar and not a hammer mounted firing pin. Not quite 'traditional' in my view. The grip frame fit doesn't look that good in a couple of those side shots either.... Not trying being to be picky of course :) . However it'll appeal to some, just as the 'Wrangler' has a following.

I hope they're successful and it caises Taurus to make a cheap single action .410/.45.
Interesting enough on the web page the 4 3/4in barrel version is listed as .45 but the 5 1/2in is listed as .45/.410 in the drop down caliber box in the selection choices.

So they're bringing back the old Taurus Gaucho, huh? Cool.

I for one like the transfer bar safety as it eliminates the need for the old doctrine of "load one, skip one".

Interesting enough on the web page the 4 3/4in barrel version is listed as .45 but the 5 1/2in is listed as .45/.410 in the drop down caliber box in the selection choices.
Probably someone on the web design team copied code for the Judge's page to reuse on the new single action. If they do have plans to do a .410 single action, then I want a dual cylinder with one being dedicated for .45 Colt, the other for .410 and .45 Colt. The reason being I don't want .457" throats when I'm shooting lead bullets that lead the bore like mad.

That's really the only way the .410/.45 revolvers can be improved for better accuracy and higher velocities.

The Gaucho was blued. I've seen some terrible bluing jobs but none that looked like black spray paint. Maybe you're confused with the Heritage rimfire guns?

Why would a manufacturer like Taurus need to contract the manufacture of one of their products? They wouldn't, they would make them, otherwise not bother. These are clearly not a rebranded Heritage/Pietta.

Pietta makes the centerfires for Heritage.

Beretta never made a single action, for Taurus or anyone else. Uberti made the Stampede for Beretta.

Nope. Heritage made that same exact revolver in 2005. Taurus owns Heritage.........Bet you a donut. taurus is using the old Heritage design or Heritage is making it for them. Either way none will reside here.

I handled a couple of them today, at the Taurus booth, Great American Outdoor Show. Cocking the hammer was smooth but heavy for what I’m accustomed to, Colts and Uberti’s. Trigger let off was OK. Still not a fan of SAA’s with blued frames. The Taurus guy told me case hardened is coming. The blue was shiny and deep. He also told me potential customers have had positive comments. He told me parts are made in Brazil and assembled in the US. Also told me that the Heritage center fires were Pietta’s. He also said positive things about the old Goucho, said people still call looking for them, which I find hard to believe.

Back