Taurus Total Titanium .38 Snub, Opinions?

No, the Taurus is NOT built on a J Frame. The Taurus IS built using the same architecture, but it isn't a J Frame.

Only S&W makes J Frames. the equilivant Taurus is the Model 85. The Model 85 is just a tad bit bigger than a J Frame.

Here are pics of my two Taurus Model 85s. Grey one is Total Titanium, and the other is the Stainless Steel version.

mytaurus38.jpg

my2taurus38s.jpg

I have found that in most cases, stuf that fits the J-Frame will fit the Taurus 85. There are exceptions though. One that comes to mind is Kydex holsters.

I do not own a Taurus, but I am surely interested in the total titanium model 85 police detective undercover. It has a concealed hammer, two inch ported barrel, and only weighs 13.7 ounces and is .38+p rated. Does anybody know if this pistol is small enough for pocket carry?
Sling Shot

"I do not own a Taurus, but I am surely interested in the total titanium model 85 police detective undercover. It has a concealed hammer, two inch ported barrel, and only weighs 13.7 ounces and is .38+p rated. Does anybody know if this pistol is small enough for pocket carry?
Sling Shot"

I carry a Taurus 85 Ultralight almost all the time. Pocket carry is my normal mode...Dockers and that kind of trouser are the best (or cargo pants).

Sure, get yourself a pocket holster, like a Uncle Mike's model, and the Model 85 will fit perfectly and will not be noticeable from the outside.

Oh, the Police model is NOT Total Titanium. It is called a UltraLite Titanium.

Total Titanium = Titanium frame, barrel, cylinder, etc... 15oz, AWESOME corrosion resistance/durability.

UltraLite Titanium = Titanium barrel and cylinder, and a aluminum frame. 13.6oz. Lightest Model 85.

Both are great guns, the Total Titanium will cost alittle more....

Taurus vs. smith 642

I just picked up a Smith model 642 (stainless DA .38+P airweight), and I compared the trigger action with a Taurus concealed hammer .38. I've actually fired neither weapon, but the trigger on the Smith is much smoother and not nearly as difficult as the Taurus. I bought the Smith for $349 used with 20 cartridges through it versus the $310 they were asking for the used Taurus. The grip on the Taurus was larger and felt a little better than the Smith, but I think my wife would have a hell of a time with the trigger, and this is one of her x-mas presents :).

Eric

Back