Taurus Total Ti vs. S&W Sc

pwd

In a snubnose .38, what would you choose between Taurus Total Titanium and a S&W Scandium alloy gun with titanium cylinder?

S&W's reputation is in the doghouse due to the agreement. Their gun is lighter, but maybe it is getting close to being too light?

Taurus doesn't have S&W's enviable history, but they have several features the other doesn't, such as: yoke detent cylinder lockup, longer ejection stroke, factory porting.

What would you choose? Would you put your trust in a Taurus?

I curently own two taurus 38 snubbies. One is a Total Titanium model and the other is Stainless Steel. Both of these snubbies have functioned perfectly with no problems. I always get lots of complments on how the look, shoot and how the grip feels.

I also like the S&W snubbies, and have came close to buying the 337 Airlight Titanium model. I have yet to see the Scandium version though...

My Titanium Taurus....

taurusm85ti.jpg

Personally I do not understand the appeal of these flyweight guns. They are so light they feel like toys. Heck I had toy guns as a kid that were far heavier than thes titanium jobbies.

If the scandium revolvers are even lighter than the titanium, my vote is a resounding, DON'T BUY EITHER OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a blued or stainless model, or even an aluminum alloy gun. They will be more comfortable to shoot and probably last longer.

Doc Hudson

Back