Taurus Thunderbolt?

Mr. Whimsy

So I was thinking about this gun because after the rumors of its discontinuation, there are boatloads of them at a certain distributor.

They appear to be making them again.

Does anyone know if they fixed the terrible feeding problems?

I was hoping somebody here had bought one recently as I find this .45 LC pump rifle intriguing.... and sorta pretty in polished stainless. Obviously, I don't want one if it still can't get through a mag without imploding.

Hmmm, it seems I am alone in this curiosity. Oh well. Maybe oddball pistol-caliber rifles really don't interest other shooters like they do me. It's just that I've been looking for a "fun gun" or "plinker" that wouldn't make a lot of noise in the process. It's possible that the best days for pistol-caliber carbines have past. Twenty years ago they seemed plentiful at gun shows. Now there is not one bo be found anywhere in my entire state, or so it seems. Everyone has such Magnum-itis and Hunting Fever that it's hard to find anything but a bolt-action deer rifle or the occasional AR15. Maybe the economy... I don't know. I have an awful feeling about this.

I was tickled that I found a Circuit Judge to check out, but I don't think it would be very accurate as a .45 rifle.

Haven't heard about it.

It looks intriguing, though. I don't do cowboy action shooting, which is where this rifle is aimed at (get it aimed at, yeah I know, my humor isn't great).

I think it's a cool idea. If you decide to get one, please report back how it works.

I know it's not the same thing, but I used to love shooting my dad's Remington Fieldmaster, which was also a pump-action. It had a little Weaver 3/4"-tube scope on it. Pretty darn accurate.

I plan on reporting my findings. I am having difficulty taking the plunge after buying a Rossi 92 and finding the quality suspect. I swore no more Taurus... but they keep making weird things I can't stop wondering about.

I wish it had an optics rail.

I've owned one for about 6-7 years. I bought it new for about $450 at a local sporting goods store. I like it. Never had a problem with feeding or anything else. I have probably put 500 rounds through it over the years. Reasonably accurate in that I get about 2 inch groups at 50yds which is as good as I can do with this type of sight. I would like to add a peep. Fun little rifle to shoot and a good one to carry in the woods due to the magazine capacity. Mine has a deep blue finish and they did a good job on the fit and finish.

Back