Taurus Raging Hornet

GI Joe

Does anyone have experience with one of these? I saw one at a gunstore for $700 NIB. It was awfully tempting, but it seems overpriced and oversized for such a relatively weak caliber. How is recoil and noise with this gun? With the 10" barrel, I'm sure it has fine accuracy and range. Thanks for any opinions.

I'd call the Raging Bull a lot of things, but "relatively weak"? .454 Casull is a pretty righteous performer, and there are not too many handguns out there that top the FPE or FPS numbers of stout .454 loads out of a ten-inch barrel. If you want more horsepower, you need to go with a .475 Wildey Magnum, or a .475 or .500 Linebaugh, and those merely push a heavier bullet.

One of the local pawn shops has a Raging Bull for $600. I'd love to have one in my battery just for the fun of it, but the ammo is a tad on the pricey side. They sure get you attention on the range, though, if that's your cup o'tea.

lendringser, you've got the Raging Bull (.44 mag, .454 Casull) confused with the Raging Hornet (similar platform, but .22 Hornet).

The Raging Bull in .454 also fires the .45 Colt.

Kurt

Back