Taurus Question

Daddycat

I bought a 617 Stainless(357 Mag)about a month ago. I 've had a problem with light strikes using a variety of ammo, both reloads and factory. I'm going to send it back to Taurus, but I thought that I would check with you folks and see if any of you have experienced this with this revolver. If so , what did you determine the cause to be. I don't think the trigger pull is too light as I was thinking about having it lightened a bit before this happened. Any feedback at all would be appreciated.
Daddycat

My 415 did the same thing with PMC ammo only. I had my gunsmith beef up the main spring and now the problem is solved.

Mikey

I had the same problem with a Model 85UL. My problem was mostly with reloads.
I suggest you send the gun back to Taurus...they will fix it.
My 85 is very reliable now. It's my primary carry piece.

I had the same light strikes problem with a 617 about a year and a half ago. Sent it back to Taurus and they replaced the strut that sits inside the mainspring. Now it works great. I have since put a lighter mainspring and trigger return spring in it. Smooth as glass.

Had an M85 with the same problem, sent it back to Taurus and they replaced the mainspring. Came back with a timing problem, two more trips to the factory and it now works and is my primary carry piece. Don't be surprised if they don't get it right the first time.

Terry

My 617 has been eating every type of ammo i have fed it for the the last 2000 rounds. No problems and half the rounds have been hot 357's.

Back