Taurus Quality Control ????

gunpowder

Sent my wifes New out of the box M-85 Titanium UL hammerless back yesterday to fix a light primer hitting problem which was causing missfires. Today I saw a new out of the box Taurus .45 that had a cylinder locking problem. Pieces of bullet shavings were flying all over at our NRA PP class today.

I would be leary of Taurus if I didn't think they were a better revolver than my experiences have displayed.

To make myself "feel" better, my wife borrowed a *&* titaniium UL for the class and it jammed during the first 5 rounds due to lead shifting forward in the casings. It isn't rated for +P like the Taurus M-85 but the fault was actually narrowed down to lead bullets that were not pressed tightly at the factory. (You could push the bullets down by hand!)

titanium SMITH and WESSONS are +p rated for jacketed ammo. bullet jump happens with lead. tauri are not SMITH and WESSONS, until the agreement of course :rolleyes:

I never have had trouble with either of my TAurus ti revolvers, M85 UL ti, or the 44 spl ti.

Both are good CC piece.

I have purchased three Taurus small frame revolvers in the past year and they all have had a cylinder gap of less than .001 inch. When they heat a little, the gap closes and the trigger becomes difficult or impossible to pull. Had my gunsmith open one to .003, sold another, and plan to have him open the third.

Aside from that, my experience has been positive.

Back