Taurus PT92/99 and Berreta92...How much are the the same??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third demon

I just bought A S.S taurus PT99 w/13 round clips and was wondering if the mags or any other parts were compatable with the beretta??Are there 13-15 round clips out there for the taurus??

------------------
Follow the white rabbit...

Is your Taurus w/ the 13rnd mag a compact model? If so then no, there are really no compatible parts. If it is a full size then it is essentialy an old Beretta 92SB. Old (pre-85) Beretta mags will fit but they are more expensive and harder to find then Taurus hi-caps anyway. They will, however, accept the same aftermarket grips, lazers, recoil spring guides etc. Enjoy.

Thanx for the info JJR..It is a full size(its the same size as the beretta,like the military version)I thought the mags would be more expensive buy at least I can use the same grips and holsters etc

You might be right "stopdropnroll" I thought they were 13 cause thats what is marked on the mag,but I dont think taurus marks thr last round in the mag.....Whats on your mag 13 or fifteen???

------------------
Follow the white rabbit...

Congrates on your recent purchase. I bought one at the beginning of this year and haven't regreted it at all. So far have put through around 3000 rounds and have only 1 non-fire from ammunition. Little large for any every day CCW gun (I carry mine IWB) but I love shooting it at the range.

You can get magazines and grips at www.cheaperthandirt.com

Very reasonable prices IMO. I've bought 5 of the hi-cap 15 round from them and haven't had any problems with them. Also bought the Houge grips there. Made a big difference from the stock grips.

------------------
Peace...
Keith

If the 2nd is antiquated, what will happen to the rest.
"the right to keep and bear arms."

I have 2 factory original 15 rounders with my PT-99, absolutely wonderful gun at the range so easy to shoot almost no recoil. I've put Pachmayers on mine and they feel great, didn't like the wood grips at all.

Can't believe that some owners use theirs for CCW, it's enormous !

Regards,

------------------
Mike H

The very early Beretta 92s (frame mounted safety) could interchange slides with the Taurus. That's how compatible they were.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

You know what they say about big guys...

Big guns... ;-) Sorry couldn't resist.

The only time the Taurus is a bit bothersome is sitting in a car or on metal folding chairs. Otherwise it dissapears. Of course, I'm also 6'4" and 230lbs.

------------------
Peace through superior firepower...
Keith

If the 2nd is antiquated, what will happen to the rest.
"the right to keep and bear arms."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back