taurus pt140 vs keltec p40

JSMITH

looking for a carry gun in 40 cal and have narrowed it down to pt140 and the p40 , iam trying not to spend over 400 $ . any opinions on these would be great. thanks

I spent a full hour (doesn't sound like much) with my Kel-Tec this weekend, but managed to put nearly 200 rounds downrange. I was mostly doing a loosening-up function test of the pistol. I wanted to get as many as I could without being charged for 2 hours of range time ;) I got nearly 200 rounds downrange, and my hand was ready for some serious relief. I just don't see buying a 40 in that small of a gun. A 9mm in that weight kicks plenty... a 40 is just plain abuse on both the gun and the shooter IMO.

FWIW: I noticed absolutely NO difference in recoil between Cor-Bon 115 +P's and standard pressure Winchester & reloads as far as recoil is concerned... NONE. So go with a hot round if you want power. The Cor-Bon created ZERO muzzle flash also... unfortunately it just didn't feed well in my gun. Given the options you gave me, I'd get the Taurus... but in 9mm. I still plan on working with my K-T though and finding the ultimate round for this gun.

But to be honest with you, you shouldn't even be approaching the $400.00 mark for either the KT or the Taurus. For $400.00, I'd get a used Glock, Walther, Kahr, S&W CS-9/40, Heritage Stealth, etc.

Just something to think about,
Ben

Back