Taurus PT-140 misfeeding...

marklutes

Inactive
I just bought a new Taurus PT-140 Millennium a few days ago and took it to my range to fire it today. It seems to be having trouble feeding properly. About 5 or so out of every ten rounds will get "stuck" at the base of the ramp, obviously leaving the slide open. I can generally pull back on the slide and the round will feed correctly, but sometimes it takes some fiddling around with it to get it to feed.

I tried several different varieties of ammunition, all with nearly identical results (except I had one magazine of factory reloads that misfed 9 out of the 10).

Is this something simple? Or should I go ahead and ship it back to Taurus to let them have a look at it?

Thanks...

Mark

George,

Thanks for your reply. You're right. I'll send it back.

BTW, I bought a second factory magazine and both mags do the same thing. Although from looking at it, I would tend to blame the mag (it really doesn't look like the rounds are being fed at the correct angle), if both of them are doing the same thing, I guess it has to be the ramp.

Thanks again... :)

Mark

Taurus was trying to ride the shirt-tails of the Kel Tec. Unfortunately, they lacked Kelgren to design their version. They also lack the quality control necessary. Send it back repeatedly to Taurus until they get it right.

Are you seriously intending to imply that Kel-Tec has better quality control than Taurus?

The irony is, I finally found some poor sap to buy my Grendel P-12 at the same show last weekend. And I've read a number of posts on this board where people have said something to the effect of "I love my Kel-Tec pistol, but I had to do major work on it to get it to work properly..." Which is precisely why I avoided them like the plague.

Interesting that you would say that...

Mark

Mark, Yes I am not only implying but asserting that Kel-Tec has better quality control than Taurus. The Grendel had always been problematic from a quality control point of view. Kelgren has made up for it in recent years and the Kel-Tec is now a very good product.

Interesting that you would say that you sold your Grendel to a "poor sap." Are you implying that you didn't tell this individual that your particular gun had faults you knew about?

Interesting that you would say that. Where's the integrity?

It's ironic that you put down the KelTec, then use the Grendel as comparison. The Grendel is NOT the Kel-Tec just because they were designed by the same guy and look similar. This in a message where you are complaining about the reliability of the Taurus... Well how good can Taurus be if the only experience you cite credits it with a 10% reliability rate? BTW, I've heard similar complaints about the Taurus guns but have never owned one.

Of the three Kel-Tecs that I've PERSONALLY owned and fired, I've only experienced a single failure to feed with a Smith & Wesson 14 round magazine I picked up at a gun show. Never sent the guns back to Cocoa but I have read many accounts of people 'tuning' their guns to be smoother or sending them back to the factory for upgrades to current production standards.

Watch who you flame.

[This message has been edited by badgerarms (edited November 03, 2000).]

It was hardly a flame, pal. Get a grip.

BTW, I sold the Grendel to a dealer and relayed my experience to a tee. The "poor sap" part was a reference to the fact that he bought it anyway.

Take a Prozac or something.

Mark, you still didn't reinforce your argument a bit. Why do you consider Taurus better than Kel-Tec in terms of quality control? I call a flame a flame, buddy. You questioned my integrety. I'll be happy to keep the discussion academic so long as you don't stoop to insults yet again.

I questioned your "integrity"?? Dude, I don't know what post you were reading.

Let's go ahead and terminate this thread. You've obviously decided to take offense to anything I say here. Sorry I somehow pissed you off.

Take care,
Mark

Okay, 'Dude.'

What did you mean by the statement, "Interesting that you would say that..."

[This message has been edited by badgerarms (edited November 04, 2000).]

[I replied and then thought better of it.]

Rather than replying, let's just let this thread die.

Peace.

[This message has been edited by marklutes (edited November 05, 2000).]

Back