Taurus +P

vega

I have a Taurus M827 4 inch barrel 7 rounder and the manual does not say if I could use +P rounds. Also at their website it does not say that I could use +P ammo. However, the M617 which is 2 inch shorter could feed +P ammo. My revo only has a half shroud while the M617 has full shroud. Could anyone explain to me why I can't use or can I use +P ammo.

The M617 is also a 7 rounder BTW.

vega

I seem to remember a post here a while ago about someone asking Taurus about this same thing. Unless I am mistaken, Taurus reported that all of their handguns are +p rated. Anyone else remember this?

There was an article in one of the gun rags a few years back reviewing the SS M85 .38's (which I had at the time).

Although the manual of the 85 didn't state +P's were OK, a generic comment in the magazine review stated "occasional usage" was fine.

Due to the price of +P ammo, "occasional usage" was all I could afford anyway, that was my rule of thumb for any Taurus revolver...even now.

A steady diet of +P's is going to wear the gun out quicker, of course.

So, bottomline...you want to shoot +P's...shoot 'em, but not all the time.

whats the increase in power from regular to +p or even ++Ps.i thought it was 10 percent .if so its certainly not worth twice the price.::barf:

Back