Taurus Model 94 Revlover: Is It A Good Deal?

I'd like to buy a simple .22 caliber revolver to do a little target practice at the range. Nothing fancy. I'd use it to punch holes in paper targets at 20 to 25 foot distance.

Hoping my wife will use it and enjoy it too.

I'm considering the Taurus Model 94 .22 caliber revlover.

Nine shot capacity. Stainless Steel.

It sells for just under $300.00 in my neck of the woods.

Maybe in a 4 inch barrel. Maybe in the 2 inch barrel version, although I don't know how accurate the 2 inch barrel would be.

Has anybody here had any experience with the Taurus Model 94?

Is the gun reliable, a straight shooter and reasonably well built?

Or is it a piece of junk?

Are there better and more cost effective deals out there?

Taurus the Bull: Is their little .22 revolver a good gun to be Bullish on or is it just so much Bull Sh*t?:confused:

Had a 941, believe the designation was, which was a 4" blued .22 Mag. Nice. When I get out, I plan on getting one of the stainless Taurus .22 Mags, but if you prefer .22 LR, they're good guns. I found my .22 Mag in Mint condition for less than $175, so you might be able to find one a bit cheaper if you look around. Check the gun auction sites.

Good luck!

Taurus 94 22LR 9 shot

I bought a 3" Taurus 94 two years ago because the proportions were better than the 4" although that extra 1" should make for better accuracy. My previous 4" S&W 22/32 kitgun was a bit long for some pockets. The gun is always shown in ads with great looking wood grips but when it came from the factory it had
rubber grips. They looked like hell and I made Taurus replace them with the walnut I expected. With wood the gun is a beaut.

Very accurate. I've used it on Pin Shoots and routinely knock down 5 pins on 6 shots to the amazement of the .45ACP boys. Its easy to get lots of range time shooting 22LR. I bought five HKS HR-22 speedloaders that fit H&R and Taurus 9 shots. Load the cylinder and five speedloaders and 54 shots are ready to fire without delay. My rotation at the table is very efficiently used.

The 941 22WMR is interesting but expensive to fire for little gain.

Go for the 94 in whatever barrel length suits you. 4" may be it.

Herb Fredricksen herbfred@cpcug.org

I have a 4" blued model 94 bought three years ago. Ihave put many thousands of rounds through it. It is very accurate, and it has an excellent trigger. I would highly recommend this gun.

I have an ultra-lite 94 with two inch barrel. It is fun and cheap to shoot. There are HKS speed-loaders for it. I paid about $300 plus the usual extras. It is small enough to carry concealed, if you wish to do so. Every gun nut should have a 22lr handgun just for fun. A 22 revolver doesn't have the feed problems of a 22 auto. Fires like a pop-gun.

Drakejake

I have a 941 four inch 22magnum and it is quite accurate and a nice size gun. At the time I bought it for $280 new, I also bought some crimson trace laser grips for about $180 and this makes the gun more fun. Not a thing I don't like about the gun.

Thanks To All...

Thanks to everybody for all your input on the Taurus Model 94 Revolver.

I'm going to shop around for a good price and pick one up as I am now confident, thanks to all of you, that I'll be buying a pretty good little .22.

--- Sincerely, Slim...:D

I've had mine for many years...model 94 ;) ...initially, wasn't too happy with it. HEAVY trigger and a so so finish. Put it in semi-retirement. Then last year, I started shooting it again in hopes of working on my trigger control w/ other guns. I put over 5000 rounds through it and grew to really apppreciate it :D THe heavy trigger ended up working to my advantage and I've grown to just accept the finish. Plus, practice w/ it has really helped my shooting all around, so I'm a happy camper :cool:

Slim

Taurus used to make a Model 96. That was their 6" six-shot .22 target revolver. Medium frame (same as Mod 66 .357). Good sights. Excellent gun to use for training newbies! It is Taurus's answer to the S&W Mod 17. Check it out. You can find them on the used market for around $175-200.

I don't think these guns are being made any longer (but I could be wrong). If I'm correct, you might be able to talk them down on the price. I've seen them for around $200 NIB (for blued) down here in Florida recently.

Back