TAURUS MODEL 94 ONLY FIRES IN SINGLE ACTION

AlbertaCanada

dOES ANYBODY HAVE A CURE FOR MY TAURUS? IT WILL FIRE SOME OF THE TIME IN DOUBLE ACTION, MOST OF THE TIME SINGLE. WHAT NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT, AND WHERE CAN I GET PARTS? AS THE USER NAME SUGGESTS, I AM IN CANADA AND I DON'T WANT TO SEND IT TO THE STATES CAUSE I'LL PROBABLY NAVER GET IT THOUGH THE MORONS AT CUSTOMS AGAIN. -SUCKS TO BE ME!
ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED...

http://www.taurususa.com

They dont have an e-mail address there but their snail mail address is there. I would write or call them and ask how to handle this. The gun has a lifetime warranty on it and they will repair it. They may have someone in Canada that does work for them. Check it out.

Before spending a lot of money or time, get a spray can of a good cleaner/lubricant. (I use G96 Gun Treatment, but any similar product will do.) Remove the grips, cock the hammer and spray a the cleaner down in front of the hammer until the gun is dripping. Then work the gun (SA or DA) and let it drain. Do same again if needed. If this does not work, then you will have to take it to a gunsmith or a factory authorized service location. Unless you are familiar with the insides of those, I don't recommend tackling the job yourself.

Jim

My model 94 misfires using Wildcats, so your problem maybe the ammo. It goes bang always using Remington, Fiochi and Federals but does not like Winchester. Best......Mike

Back