Taurus Model 85 4" Barrel

VAcrackshot

Inactive
I picked up something odd a couple of days ago that I'm not familiar with. I have some concerns although everything appears to be in proper working order with everything aligned. At first glance you'd think barrel swap but after searching the serial number it seems as though it was meant to be this way. Why does this exist and should I be concerned about it? The only info I can find is it was produced specifically for a Bulldog Vault package. Here is what comes up after a serial number search which then led me to the conclusion that it wasn't a backyard special, or wasn't intended to be....I'd be interested in hearing opinions about it from you guys. Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, if you don't tell us what was odd about the barrel, I guess you'll spare yourself a lot of speculation. You can slug it to see if it is correct for the chambering, though unless you own a V-anvil micrometer for five flute cutters, you will have to send it to Dardas Cast Bullets who will measure it for you. If it measures correct, it should work.

Back