Taurus model 84

JBarn3

Hi, I recently acquired a Taurus model 84 revolver from my dad. It is a 6 shot .38 special with a 4 inch barrel. I have found info on the model 82, 83, and 85, but nothing on the 84.

I am interested in dates of production, number produced, approximnate value, etc. basically, any info about the gun would be appreciated.

I do plan on writing to Taurus to ask the same questions, but I have not found an e-mail address for them and fear that snail mail would not get me a prompt response. Maybe I'll drop them a letter tomorrow, but if anybody here can help it would be great.

Thank you,

JBarn3

Hi JBARN3, I also recieved a Taurus Model 84 from my father. It has not been fired more than 30 times, is like new and a very nice piece. I am still looking info too but found a used one that sold for over $400.00. I found another place that said it was only worth about $150.00? I guess we have to watch some of the info we find. I don't want to sell mine but would not take less than $500.00 for it. It feels good in my hand and shoots great! If I find any othere info I will forward it to you, maybe you would do the same. Thanks and have a GREAT DAY!
Larry

frosty 72, the posts you tacked onto are 9 yrs old:), as far as the value of your Taurus, if you are waiting for someone to give you 500 dollars for a Taurus 84, then you will be handing it down to your great grand kids.:)

Last edited:
Back