Taurus Model 608

The 608 is the same quality as the other nonti Taurus wheel guns.
They are very nice, probably as good as anything on the market.
And they havent become political....I have heard questions regarding the Ti revolvers....nothing confirmed.

Shoot well

Depends...

Here's what I mean. Have a 608 and love it. Very well made, good fit and finish, nice triger, accurate, etc., etc. Also have a Taurus 94 (.22LR) that absolutely sucks. Horrible trigger pull, gritty action, lousy fit, etc., etc.

Based on my 608 experience I was a happy camper, until the 94 made me think twice about Taurus quality. YMMV

I second the opinion about the Model 94. It sucks.

I have two other compact Taurus revolvers, they are great. I have a Model 605, 357 with 2.25" barrel and a model 85 ultralite, 38 spl with 2" barrel. Both are great. They go BANG every time. Good triggers, etc. I think the Model 94's problem is getting 9 shots in that small cylinder, not as much "give" as getting 5 shots in the small cylinder.

I've had my 608 for about 4 months now and put about 600 rounds through it. It's a very well made piece, and is easy to shoot accurately. I especially like the lack of recoil. The last time I went to the range, a friend of mine was there who's been shooting at matches for many years (so I respect his opinion) and after the first 10 rounds he was going "Wow!" and was darn near ready to go buy one.

The only issue so far, if you can even call it that, was the crane release pin on the extractor star needed to be rounded off ever so slightly to remove an occasional hitch when you tried to open the cylinder. Other than that it's performed flawlessly.

I paid $419 for mine and feel I got a great bargin.

Hope this helps. John

Back