Taurus M85T

shooter.45

I was thinking of getting one and was wondering if anyone has one and how they like it. and how it holds up.. Also it is ported model.. Oh and by the way its a toss up between this gun and a S&W 686 kind of like the Taurus though and dont know if I want a .357??

Thanks

I was at the range yesterday, a guy next to me had the model 85T, which is the exact same setup as my 85 only mine is the all steel. We both have ported 2 inch barrels and shaved hammers. Well we traded for a bit. I fully expected the titanium to be much harsher than my all steel model. While it had some bark, it was very easily controlled and not very punishing. BTW we were both shooting 125 grain +p winchester pd hollowpoints.

Suffice it to say I put my order for one in today from RSR.

Cool, what finish did you order on your M85t?

I chose the Stealth Grey finish which I like alot, but all the finishes loook good.

my2taurus85s.jpg

My mother just bought one of these this weekend as a new carry piece. She chose the shadow-gray as well. Overall fit and finish on the gun seemed fine, but after getting it home we found that it seemed to be a little out of timing. Every 10 or 15 trigger pulls, the trigger would stay flush against the frame. A further pull of the trigger would free it to return to the proper position. Not a huge problem and the gun shop will fix it this week. While in the gun shop, my dad and I intoduced her to CrimsonTrace laser grips. She fell in love with them and now we can get them for her pistol at christmas. We have a plinking session scheduled next week so that she can see how the gun throws. bye all....

michael

Back