TAURUS M85CH

Runner

My wife's NIB stainless Taurus M85CH arrived today. It is an older model w/o the locking hammer feature. The barrel is marked 38 Special and Taurus-Brasil and it is serial number MK22xxx. Were these revolvers rated for +P or is that only the newer models?

NOT a steady diet...but any stainless Taurus is good for "+P" ammo.
I carried a SS CH85 for two years. I practiced with standard .38 spl. with a cylinder full of "+P's". I always carried with "+P's".

Are the newer models specificly marked 38 Special +P or are they also marked only 38 Special on the barrel?

I just looked at my 85UL. It's just marked .38 SPECIAL. This gun is rated "+P".

As far as the SS 85's I've owned...don't recall.

I have two Taurus M85 38 snubbies. A Total Titanium model and a Stainless Steel model. Both say "38 special" on the manual, and both are rated for +P according to the manual....

my2taurus38s.jpg

I only run standard pressure rounds through my M85. I figure that if I want anything with more power, I will carry my M605, and run .357MAG. My wife, however runs .38spl+P in her's.

Lightsped,
They are stock Taurus. I have now switched them to rubber Hogue monogrips.

dA29706.jpg

[Edited by Runner on 03-11-2001 at 05:43 PM]

Runner,

What is the # for those grips? I have been kicking around the idea of picking one of those us for a CCW handgun, but the only thing that turned me off to them was no place to put my little finger on the grip and it didn't feel right....

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Bob,
I ordered them over the internet at the Hogue web site. The package that they came in is marked:

Taurus
Small Frame Rev.

(67=weapon code, 1st 0=soft rubber, 2nd 0=finger grooves, 3rd 0=cobblestone texture)

They are their soft rubber Monogrip grip and not the other option of hard nylon. These obviously have a place for the little finger. The revolver is my wife's and both she and I like these grips very much. The wood looked nice but did not feel near as good. These are much more functional.

[Edited by Runner on 02-21-2001 at 01:45 AM]

Back