Taurus G3C???

reynolds357

What is your opinion on them. They are sure cheap enough at the moment. Online review videos range from "garbage" to " better than the Glock 43".

I know the price is attractive but personally I would never buy one as you pretty much get what you pay for and more concerning is the ongoing threads about poor customer service with very long wait times to resolve issues though that not be much of concern for your situation.

If I was in the market for an brand new inexpensive 9MM pistol I would take a good look at Canik line of striker fired pistols as they have garnered a pretty dang good reputation over the last few years for not that much more usually for their entry models. The Smith and Wesson SD9 series also has an excellent reputation but the trigger out of the box is pretty heavy though I understand there is a spring kit or such that can improve it for little investment from Apex I believe. The Canik trigger quality is generally excellent out of the box from pretty much every recent review I have read.

Last edited:
What is your opinion on them. They are sure cheap enough at the moment. Online review videos range from "garbage" to " better than the Glock 43".
Just so you know that if you purchase a Taurus firearm, you are giving your dollars to one of if not the worst customer orientated firearm company's out there. They don't give a rats ass about the people that buy their products. With so many firearm company's that bend over backwards, really care about the folks that purchase their products, make firearms that are as good or better , (in almost all cases) that sell for the same price range why support Taurus? It's beyond me that people that have some firearm knowledge actually support this horrible company.

Last edited:
Just so you know that if you purchase a Taurus firearm, you are giving your dollars to one of if not the worst customer orientated firearm company's out there. They don't give a rats ass about the people that buy their products. With so many firearm company's that bend over backwards, really care about the folks that purchase their products, make firearms that are as good or better , (in almost all cases) that sell for the same price range why support Taurus? It's beyond me that people that have some firearm knowledge actually support this horrible company.
I have never dealt with Taurus customer service. Complaint I most commonly hear is six week turnover. That timeframe seems about normal for several manufacturers. I used Charter customer service last year and it took a month. Used Smith and Wesson a few years ago. It only took a week, but had to go twice. Finally just fixed it myself instead of making it three. . I am not sure how Taurus cant be any worse than Smith.

I have never dealt with Taurus customer service. Complaint I most commonly hear is six week turnover. That timeframe seems about normal for several manufacturers. I used Charter customer service last year and it took a month. Used Smith and Wesson a few years ago. It only took a week, but had to go twice. Finally just fixed it myself instead of making it three. . I am not sure how Taurus cant be any worse than Smith.
Well than buy the Taurus G3C if you like it. If it fails you'll see just how good or bad the Taurus company is. I've experienced Taurus's customer service , got sucked in by their cheap price twice and got burned twice. That was my stupidity and I paid for it.

Well than buy the Taurus G3C if you like it. If it fails you'll see just how good or bad the Taurus company is. I've experienced Taurus's customer service , got sucked in by their cheap price twice and got burned twice. That was my stupidity and I paid for it.
The older Taurus stuff, I 100% agree. Since they opened up facility in Ga, all I have heard negative about customer service is that they are slow. Slow does not bother me.
I am wondering what the problems are with the 3c?

I have a Taurus® G3C 9mm pistol that I purchased new in 01/2021. It came with 3 twelve-round mags and I purchased two more plus 2 seventeen-round mags. I have to date shot over 1,600 rounds through the gun with no malfunctions of any kind. All weights of 115, 124, and 147gr ammunition, FMJ, and JHP; CCI® BLAZER®, Federal®, PPU®, Remington®, Sellier & Bellot®, Sierra®, and Winchester®.

I am very pleased with the performance of this pistol and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Good budget guns. Yep not made here and yep their customer service is not very good. Still for the money or if I had very little money and needed a handgun I would certainly buy one. Better than the Hi-Points, Jimenez Arms, and other budget selections. As a side note their accessories have come along way. You can get aftermarket barrels, sights, and extended controls pretty easy.

Well I bought one. It's primarily going to be a leave in my boat pistol. Shot it a couple hundred times. Zero malfunction. Sights decent. About 1 inch low at 15 yards. Good trigger. Running it fast, shooting less than 4" at 15 yd.(except for the occasional I know I pulled it shot)
For now, I am impressed. It's definitely not my CZ P-01 or my SP-01, but impressive. At this point in time, I rate it better than my Glock 43x, which chokes on anything not +p. (I plan on curing that as soon as UPS shows up with a few custom parts)

Last edited:
I don't know about 9mm CS speed, but I just had blazing fast service with a TX22. Sent it on a Thursday, arrived there Monday, got an email notification it shipped back Friday. Only complaint is that email had no tracking number, just a bunch of gobbledy gook and disclaimers.

I did get a text notification Monday morning from FedEx that it would be delivered before 8pm, arrived around 1:30. I'm retired, no problem being home to sign for it. But might make it harder for some to be home to receive without a tracking number to help plan for it.

Note: free shipping both ways within 1st 90 days, so register on their website just in case.

As to the G3C, my G2C has been good from round one with a variety of target and SD ammo. These things have a solid rep. The G3C being an evolution/refinement of the G2C, should also be good to go. I'm thinking of adding one down the road.

I have had the G3C and the G3. Both are great guns for the money. Never had any issues at all with either the G3 or the G3c. They are a bit heavy for their size. I had 100% reliability with mine. Over 1000 rounds through each one. I hated that the finish wore off pretty quickly on the G3c. The G3 had a stainless slide so no finish to wear off. I agree the trigger is pretty good, especially within this price range.

You have issues with your 43x not cycling ammo without a little extra pressure? I find that curious myself. I have owned a 43x since they came out. 3000+ rounds through my first one. Then I sold it and bought a G3C. A few months later I bought another 43x. My current 43x has been just like the last one. Never any failures of any kind. I got lucky with this 43x and got one of the better examples of their trigger. It is heavy, but has a really firm wall and solid break. Personally, I prefer my 43x over the G3c. Although, I admit I would have no issue with another G3c.

I have had the G3C and the G3. Both are great guns for the money. Never had any issues at all with either the G3 or the G3c. They are a bit heavy for their size. I had 100% reliability with mine. Over 1000 rounds through each one. I hated that the finish wore off pretty quickly on the G3c. The G3 had a stainless slide so no finish to wear off. I agree the trigger is pretty good, especially within this price range.

You have issues with your 43x not cycling ammo without a little extra pressure? I find that curious myself. I have owned a 43x since they came out. 3000+ rounds through my first one. Then I sold it and bought a G3C. A few months later I bought another 43x. My current 43x has been just like the last one. Never any failures of any kind. I got lucky with this 43x and got one of the better examples of their trigger. It is heavy, but has a really firm wall and solid break. Personally, I prefer my 43x over the G3c. Although, I admit I would have no issue with another G3c.
It's the first Glock I have had that problem with. Only other non maintenance item part problem I have had with a Glock was barrel failure and disconnectors wear that caused the pistol to fire multiples on single trigger pull. My dept actually had quite a few 22 models do that. All Gen 1 stuff.

Last edited:
My G2c ran just fine.

Taurus makes mostly pretty decent handguns, with a few lemons occasionally.

I've owned a dozen or so, and only one lemon.

Don't bet your life on a Taurus. Back to the S&W J frame for me.

Bought 2- G3C. The mag release and spring fell out of gun while firing. Loaded mag fell out with it. Less then 200 rounds fired. Design flaw. The newer GX4 model has been changed. Hope its better. https://www.taurusarmed.net/ Find more, same problem, other models.

The problem with Taurus is that their guns are VERY hit-or-miss ... not meaning accuracy, but in the context that if you are lucky enough to get a good one, you're lucky. If you are unlucky enough to get one of the lemons ... good luck getting it fixed.

I have bought two new Taurus handguns in my life. One functioned, but it had the worst trigger of any firearm I have ever encountered. The other was a nightmare that took six months to make functional -- after which it still had a horrible trigger, but it least it would fire more than one shot without locking up.

I also once bought a used Taurus rifle. It was a .22, and it shot groups that were more like shotgun patterns. It looked beautiful -- but it didn't shoot. I sold it at a loss.

Local gun store won't sell Taurus, even if a buyer specifically asks for it. They said they just don't want to be burdened with the headaches.

The problem with Taurus is that their guns are VERY hit-or-miss ... not meaning accuracy, but in the context that if you are lucky enough to get a good one, you're lucky. If you are unlucky enough to get one of the lemons ... good luck getting it fixed.

I have bought two new Taurus handguns in my life. One functioned, but it had the worst trigger of any firearm I have ever encountered. The other was a nightmare that took six months to make functional -- after which it still had a horrible trigger, but it least it would fire more than one shot without locking up.

I also once bought a used Taurus rifle. It was a .22, and it shot groups that were more like shotgun patterns. It looked beautiful -- but it didn't shoot. I sold it at a loss.

Local gun store won't sell Taurus, even if a buyer specifically asks for it. They said they just don't want to be burdened with the headaches.
My LGS used to not sell them either. Now he pushes them hard. He handles any warranty in year 1. Said he only sent 1 back last year and sells about 2 a day. He said customer service has been good since new facility in GA opened.

Tauri pistols are generally regarded as junk by serious pistoleros. :rolleyes:

Neither fun as range toys nor useful as “newbie trainers,” ... which is the bare minimum requirement for any handgun.

Tauri pistols are generally regarded as junk by serious pistoleros. :rolleyes:

Neither fun as range toys nor useful as “newbie trainers,” ... which is the bare minimum requirement for any handgun.
I remember when Glocks were regarded as "Tupperware trash" and no serious shooter would shoot anything but a 1911.

I definitely don't consider a Taurus as a competition pistol.

Last edited:
Back