Taurus C.I.A. Revolvers

I like them. I have shot the 650 CIA and think it makes a nice carry revolver. (.357 Federal HI-SHOK ammo stings a little though) .38 Special ammo is no problem.

I plan on buying one for myself soon.

Logistar

CIA

I have one. Logistar bought it for me for X-Mas. It is VERY nice. The trigger pull is about the best there is in my opinion.

I bought a 650 (357) last week at a gun show and I love it. Shoots better than I thought it would, easy to carry. Certainly has a little kick to it, but that's not a big deal. Great gun.

CIA 650

I have not shot anything in it yet but .38's. I am going to try the Plus P next and see how it feels. After seeing Logistar's face when he shot the 357's... I decided I wasn't quite ready to try those yet :) .

Just purchased a Taurus 850 SS.

100 rounds later--trigger is smooth and consistent
Grip a might small in my lunch hook.
Never shot a snubbie before so there is some learning curve.
Surprisingly noisy.

Size is just right for CCH.

I gotta get new grips. That will help with presentation and accuracy.

Gota get a holster once I figure out how I want to pack it.

I'd buy it again.

And Taurus is doing a great bit of PR too.. Offering the CIA to airline pilots who want to carry. Makes me want to show some support to this company, and the CIA may be it.

I'll be looking for a .357 soon. It will be a Taurus.

WL

But is it a Tack Driver??????

I am looking at the back cover of the latest issue of American Rifleman. Contained therein is an ad for said CIA. It reads "Ever try driving tacks without a hammer? You can with the CIA".
Really now, I have both the M85 and the M605 and tack drivers they ain't!!!! Good defensive revolvers--- yes. Tack drivers---I think not!!!! I think these gun ads are getting a bit ridiculous!!!!! :rolleyes:

"With the new Taurus guns, you can aim in the general direction of the Middle East , shoot and you will kill Ben Ladon, Everytime"

I agree, the ads are getting a little out there..but I want a CIA.
The 650 is a good gun and a store has a NIB one for 275$.....
tempting...hmmmmm.

Shoot well

$275 NIB???

Wow! $325 was the best price I could find for a new 650 CIA here in Arkansas... and that was below what they were asking. Every other gunstore around here was higher ($349-$359).

Kilgor

Posted this pic once before. Ugly maybe, but it works for me. Older, stock, wooden grips fit this gun also. Mine is a 850, rubber is probabley better for a 650.

Attachments

• imj.jpg
    imj.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 130
popeye

Nice looking gun. I love the grips.

One question though.

I used to have a Taurus Model 82 and the one thing I really didn't like about it was the blueing (though I'd prefer a blued gun usually). If I even looked at it and thought about touching it the finish would be full of finger prints. While cleaning the outside and being very careful not to touch the finish I'd inevitably end up touching something and it would be full of greasy fingerprints (no matter how clean my hands were). A minor complaint but it was very annoying. It made me promise myself to never buy another blued revolver. However, like I said I tend to prefer a blued gun.

So the question (finally):
Does the finish tend to pick up fingerprints? Is it relatively easy to keep the finish looking clean?

chaim........Whatever blueing is used on these guns is similar in appearance to my CZ75B. While it is kinda pretty, it is a pain to keep free of prints. That said I would bet theTaurus finish is more resistant to print,acid,oil, damage than my Smiths. The Smiths finish appears more porous.

Back