Taurus 9mm pt111

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickster

I bought a taurus pt111 about 6 month`s ago a few people, told me to stay away from them as they were no good! I don`t know what they meant by that, because this gun has been, reliable,accurate, for it`s intended purpose. Out of 500 rounds so far, hollow point`s fmj etc. N0 failure`s to fire! This is my carry gun! Tell me about your experince`s Nickster!

Through the Taurus website and various magazines I fell in love with the idea of owning the 9mm Millennium, PT 111... I saw them in the showcase at the local gun shop and it confirmed the fact that I wanted to add this gun to my collection and to carry it with me.
For some reason it struck me as very very appealing. We have a local gun shop / range that allows you to rent the pistols in a particular showcase. It's great!
One day recently I went to shoot the PT 111.
I was very excited thinking that I was going to get acquainted with my new buddy.
I was shocked that I could barely hit the target at 21 feet, when I'm "dead on" with my Glock 30 and my Ruger P-90, both 45 caliber. The first time I shot my G-30 I put 3 bullets in the same hole! I was giggling to myself like a maniac.
I still have an affection for the Millennium but I wonder if it takes more getting used to (I figure). BUT, I have to admit that I'm more excited that it's coming out any time now in 40 caliber. Words of encouragement are welcome! Thanks, take care...

Mild Bill, I don`t know what ammo your using but I have tried,115fmj winchester, reload`s Federal 124gr. gold dot`s hp`s. All at 25 feet in a 5in. circle! Nickster!

I have the Kel-Tec P11, the gun which the PT-111 is apparently based on/copied from. At 25 feet, I can easily shoot 2"-3" groups rapid fire -- and smaller groups, free-hand, slow fire.

Part of the problem with the PT-111 and the P-11 is the very long and heavy trigger pull. You can get used to it, but you might be better served by having a gunsmith smooth it out a bit. ($30-$50, your mileage may vary.) I don't think he'll be able to lighten it any, and he probably shouldn't.

Practice a lot.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about the PT-111, and a some songs of real praise.

Good luck.

I have a PT111, which when I got it, it sometimes it would not fire because the trigger had to be pulled so far back. I sent it back to Taurus, though, and they fixed the trigger, which to me has a fairly light pull.

I actually like the gun a lot aside from the initial incident, as it is lightweight and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back