Taurus 945,Opinions?

45automan

Hey guys does anyone have an opinion on these guns? They seem like a good gun for the money? Thanks for any help,45automan

45automan; I bought a blued one about three years ago. I was in a buyin'/trading frenzy at the time so I didn't have it that long. For the time I had it it performed just fine. I might have put 3 or 4 hundred rounds through it without any malfuntions that I can recall. I remember the mag sticking out about 1/8" below the mag well but thats no big deal. It was a nice looking pistol and lightweight to boot. All I can say is my experience with it was a positive one. Best Regards,J. Parker

My PT940:

View

Although slightly smaller than the 945, it is the same design & operating system.

My story is very similar to the one of J Parker. Although I wasn't in a buying frenzy, I was mad a S&W for the agreement and determined to show support for someone else by buying a new gun. I chose this one, & really didn't need it. I only have about 200 rounds thru it, but those have been flawless.

Actually, I took this pic & another in preparation to sell thru an online auction. At the time, the gun had only 100 rounds thru it. My ammo inventory consisted of some .40S&W, so I took it to the range to shoot it up.

BIG MISTAKE!! I shoot this gun more accuratly than any other centerfire semi I own - even my Ultra CDP! With a safety that can be activated for either hammer down, DA first pull or hammer back, SA "cocked & locked" first pull, reasonably light weight (alloy frame) & 10 rounds, I can't bear to part with it.

At $350 or so new, I don't think you can go wrong in a .40 & I would guess the 945 in 45ACP is the same.

I found it to be reliable, but didn't care for the mag base sticking sooooooo far out of the bottom of the frame. It was more than 1/8th"/:D The real problem was that it bit the web of my hand, real good.:o For comparison, I also experience this with a ring hammered BHP, and most any 1911 w/o a beavertail. Now, I hand cycle the slide several times while I hold it in my normal high grasp. If the pistol nips me, I pass on it.

Back