Taurus 941 22 mag

jimku

Any one have a Taurus Model 941 .22 magnum?
Thoughts?
attachment.php

Nope

I do have a Taurus 94, I like that little 9 shooter. The 94 is .22 LR.

I'll assume the 941 is the same small frame as the 94. IF that is the case the double action trigger pull is something like two men and a boy pull weight.

Seriously it's about 13 lbs. in double action. The single action trigger pull is decent.

Very decent little revolver.

I do have a Taurus 94, I like that little 9 shooter. The 94 is .22 LR.
I'll assume the 941 is the same small frame as the 94. IF that is the case the double action trigger pull is something like two men and a boy pull weight.
Seriously it's about 13 lbs. in double action. The single action trigger pull is decent.
Very decent little revolver
The DA pull is fine with me. I would want it for a kit gun, would never use it DA anyway. Main concern is accuracy.

I had two about 20 years ago. a 2" and a 4". both stainless. still D/A triggers but otherwise good guns.

Have both in 2". As accurate as snubs can be. Land every shot in about a 6" circle from 10 yards off-hand. Trigger is heavy but they're rimfires... Never failed to go bang except for bad ammo and even then, it goes off on the 2nd strike. I'm looking at the 992 as my next one.

Taurus doesn't make the 941 any more. Now they have the 942, and I think I will get one of the 942s IN 22WMR. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and front sight is pinned and can be replaced with a night sight.

The gun is the same size and frame and grip as my 605 357 and I already have two super-nice wood grips for my 605 ... one of those can go on the 942. It will serve as a more inexpensive way to train for my 357 ... the trigger will be a bit stiffer due to it being rimfire, so if I can hit well with it, hitting well with my 605 will be a piece of cake. It would also be an EXCELLENT car gun, camping, hiking, even home-defense gun. There ... talked myself into it.

https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/revolvers/942/942-revolvers-22-wmr-8-round-matte-stainless/

attachment.php

Last edited:
The .22lrf version of the 942 is out there for sure. Anyone seen an actual 942 in .22WRM for sale? I haven't. Not yet anyway.

What about an early 90s 3" stainless 941?
I had never seen one in 3", just the snubbies and the 4"-ers, but I brought home a stainless 3" yesterday.

Love it, but did experience some light strikes in DA. :(
I do realize that is often just in their nature when it comes to rimfire revolvers, that and a heavy trigger pull in an attempt to compensate.

Any specific suggestions when it comes to playing with the springs, if I were to choose to try?
Wolff no longer offers any specific to the 941 from what I can tell.

I have a 3" 942 in 22 mag. It has a decent trigger and is very accurate. I haven' shot it a lot but it's reliable and fun to shoot.

Back