Taurus 85UL

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris in mo

Gino, Shutoku....I bought a stainless 85 UL this summer. I too love this little gun. It has a nice smooth trigger pull and appears to be of good quality. The Smith's are a little lighter and may be finished a little better, but for me the additional money was not worth it. I have seen stainless 85 UL's here in Sports authority for $239 well over 100 cheeper than the Smiths. I did have to send mine back to Taurus to have the bushing that surrounds the firing pin replaced. The bushing fell out and the gun would not function because the firing pin return spring was lost. While they had it they also adjuster the cylinder gap and adjusted the cylinder stop. I am very happy with this gun and would recomend it. Chris in MO

I highly recommend this as a carry gun (especially for anyone who is just starting out with shooting and CCW). I just like revolvers for their simplicity and safety. I am very happy with its manufacture (I'd put it up against the smith any day) and performance (must have 600 rounds through it and have carried it for a year). The only problem that I see with this gun is the fact that it only holds five shots. If I lived in a large urban area where I might have problems with street gangs (multiple opponents), I would get something else, prob a ten shot auto.

At the local gun shop, I saw a model of this gun in 22 mag. What a great idea. I can't believe how many people here in Florida carry the S & W Airlight 22lr, which I am not at all impressed with! Taurus has really been one-upping S & W lately!!!!!!!!

I know that Taurus stands behind its products completely no matter how questionable the reason the revolver or pistol went kaput (re: very hot handloads). Their stuff is always worth a look.

I like mine (blue UL)...it is accurate, has good trigger, small&light. Only gripe...in DA, really hard primers (from badly made reloads) do not detonate reliably. That is with one particular brand of primers, all others (2000+) worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back