Taurus "651" CIA 357......

Eric Larsen

At the shot show, Taurus showed a new CIA model coming out.
Its a 650 model 357, but on top of the frame where the hammer assy is concealed, there is a little "slide". It sticks up just a wee little bit and is used to "cock" the gun. Yes, it makes it single action just like a hammer but is so small it will still never catch on any thing making it a true pocket gun. Awesome.
Just thought I would pass this on.......Taurus has some new and cool stuff this year..............Shoot well

I dont think its a copy of anything. The CIA is just like the 340 Sc for its shape, size and a truely concealled hammer. Not a bobbed, shaved or cut off hammer. It has a full frame around the firing mechanism, just like the CIA or 340 style of DAO gun. The "slide" is cool, it makes it single action when you slide it back. Like a cross between a DAO gun and a D/A gun...............I believe this to be a new and beneficial design......Youll have to see it..........
Shoot well

Sounds like a copy of the Model 49 Bodyguard, which had a shrouded hammer with a small extension which you could thumb down to put it in single action.

Back