Taurus 617ti

MellowMikey

I want to get a Taurus 617ti to compliment the Taurus 605 that is always in my pocket.
Does anyone out there have any experience with the Taurus Total Titanium line?
I appreciate any and all input.
If ya have one, what holster did you get for it? I am rather sure that the medium frame smith holsters will match up just fine with the medium frame Taurus.
BTW, I want the bright spectrum blue... YA BABY :D

Thanks in advance,
Mikey

Hey MellowMikey,

I have a shadow grey 617Ti Taurus and I LOVE it!
I carry it everyday and usually forget it's there. The recoil control on these things are awesome. The lighter the weight of the gun, the better the porting works, because it has less mass to push down.

At the range, I did a rapid fire string of all seven rounds and there was ZERO muzzle flip (it actually felt like the muzzle was dipping down with each shot - I was using Federal 130gr PD Hydra-Shoks)

As far as holsters go, I should be receiving my holster from FIST http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/index.htm

They will make holsters for almost any gun, INCLUDING the Taurus 617 :):):) They have some really good looking stuff for real good prices. (BTW, right now I am using an Uncle Mikes IWB holster, and it does a good job.

Hope this helps. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Zack

Well, I have a Taurus Ti Model 85 38 special. So far I have been very pleased with my Total Titanium snubbie. I was so pleased in fact, that soon after I bought the Ti Model 85, I went out and bought a Stainless Model 85 as well. They are awesome carry guns. They always get compliments at the range.

taurusm85ti.jpg

No Ti, just the basic bright n' shiny 617 with porting. I use my belly band holster or the Uncle Mike's IWB, which works well. BTW, ZackG27, tell us about the FIST holster when you get it in. I'm loooking for a good leather holster.

Thanks for the input my friends. :D
I am really looking forward to getting a 617T in bright spectrum blue. :)
I will let ya know how it all works out.

Mikey

Ho Mellowmikey...you said in a previous post you got a leather pouched elastic ankle holster from Witt. Do you have a website for theme? I did a search and nothing came up. Sounds like renegade 500...if it is good price. let me know, thanks.

Back