Taurus 617T .357 mag

cmax2000

I would like some advice on a Taurus model 617T 7 shot .357 mag. What is a good price for it? What is the recoil like? Are those rubber grips any good?....etc

Any info would be helpful.. Thanks Chris :cool:

Don't know about the 617TI but I have a Tracker with the ribber grips. The ribber grips are awesome. They take alot of recoil out of the shot. My Tracker is SS but Im sure the 617TI is gonna bark quite a bit. The grips will definitely take some recoil out.

cmax, I own the 617 in the stainless version,no ports. It was my first and only snubby, I've got about 600 rounds through it mostly magnum loads. The gun has been flawless so far,no failures and seems to be as tight as it was new. Magnum loads of 110 to 125 grains are managable anything heavier control goes out the window. This is a neat little revolver that is (for me) easy to conceal.
Imho this gun in the Ti version would limit it's use to 38 sp loads. I really don't understand the appeal of such a light gun designed to shoot a volcanic round like the 357.This is a weapon not jewelry.
If I was buying a 7 shot snubby from Taurus in the Ti version I'd stick with the 817 .
cmax, if the 617 ti works for fantastic but you owe it to yourself to check out the steel versions before you make up your mind. :cool:

I have a 617 titanium. I paid $450 at a gun show and believe this is a good price. This is a fine revolver. 20 oz for seven rounds of 357 or 38 special. Also consider the new aluminum version which is 16 oz and costs about $70 less.

Drakejake

Back