taurus 617 total titanium

javadog60

Inactive
i was wondering if anyone has a taurus 617 that you shoot on a regular basis. i have had one for some years now and really enjoy shooting it. i had to have the cylinder replace about a year ago because of small cracks on the face. i shoot my own loads and only load 158 grain zero bullets with various powders. i know taurus is a cheaper revolver but it was all i could do at the time.

i just wanted to hear from others who own the same gun and shoot it on a regular basis experiences they have had.

I switched grips to the softer hogues. Did some strigger work and it’s actually kinda fun to shoot. It’s fairly heavy, but the short barrel makes it less friendly to shoot. Only shoot mild hand rolled 158 gr lswc’s in both .38 and mag.

question for dan o

have never shot wad cutters but would like to. do you cast your own or purchase. if you purchase, where to you purchase and how do you lube?

I usually buy them from Missouri Bullet co. I like badman bullets too. Believe both companies also offer them with some sort of polymer coating.

i was wondering if anyone has a taurus 617 that you shoot on a regular basis. i have had one for some years now and really enjoy shooting it. i had to have the cylinder replace about a year ago because of small cracks on the face. i shoot my own loads and only load 158 grain zero bullets with various powders. i know taurus is a cheaper revolver but it was all i could do at the time.

i just wanted to hear from others who own the same gun and shoot it on a regular basis experiences they have had.
Is your 617Ti one of the ported models?, I hear that the ported ones are a lot more tolerant recoil wise there javadog60.

Back