Taurus .45 ACP Snubby - Where?

I never heard about that one but certainly sounds valid to me. Of the current snubbies I recommend the M415 41 maggie. Portable, powerful, durable, inexpensive (but the ammo isn't), and a HOOT TO SHOOT. Best, J. Parker

The Taurus web site doesn't say anything about a 45 ACP revolver, and this thread is the first I've heard about it. They do have a medium frame 45 Colt.

For a 45 ACP to work they would also have to make moon clips for it, current S&W moon clips wouldn't work due to the cylinder differences.

While it would be easy enough for Taurus to chamber a revolver for 45 ACP since they are already making 45 caliber revolvers I don't expect they will be making one.

I know I have talked about how nice it would be if they made one. SOmeone here also mentioned that they heard that Taurus was working on making one. So far, they haven't released anything to the general public.

A Taurus 5 shot .45ACP snub would be a great companion for my 1911s, I'd love to see one!
I keep my eyes open for a reasonably priced used S&W (what was that model number?) but haven't been able to snatch one up yet.
Taurus - are you listening??

Taurus - are you listening??
I wrote them a couple of months ago explaining how nicely it would compliment a 1911 as a backup and they never got back to me. Maybe they aren't listening. :(

I don't know if they're listening or not but I wrote them a few months ago asking about a 44 special they used to make but no longer list in their catalog. It took them nearly a month to respond with essentially "Sorry we don't make that but you could have a gunsmith custom make one".

It does seem odd that they have a revolver in .45 Colt (a caliber currently in favor only amongst handgun hunters and cowboy action shooters -- two groups unlikely to buy a DA snubby) but not in .45 ACP, a much more popular caliber that has a cult following as a defensive round.

Making 5-shot moonclips should be a simple exercise in metal stamping.

Back