Taurus 44 Spec. 5 inch

Kev55

Inactive
Need some info on a stainless Taurus I found. It is a 5 shot, 5in. full length barrel lug. Price is about $250.00, which seems fair. However, I've never owned a Taurus, and have never seen one in this configuration...any thoughts??

Kev, can't comment on the specific piece you mention, but I am very happy with my Taurus Model 44 with 4" barrel and full lug. Used to be that Taurus' reputation was somewhat questionable. However, everything I've seen (handled, read, etc.) indicates that they've "gotten their act together" quality wise. I was looking for S&W Mountain gun about the time S&W made their notorious deal with the devil and bought the Model 44 as a kind of knee-jerk response. Action is not as smooth as some of the Smith's I've handled, but I was pleasantly surprised by the out of the box action and accuracy. Quite a bit less expensive than the Smith as well. I've no regrets.

I own 2 Model 441s (4" and 6") and a 3" Model 431 (fixed sights). Are you sure you have a 5"barrel,I have never seen that length offered(measure from the front of the cylinder to the muzzle). Anyway, I love my Taurus revolvers-they compare well with my S&W and Ruger firearms.

Back