Taurus 415Titanium

MellowMikey

Anyone shot one of these babies? I have the 415 in stainless, but I am hankerin' for the titanium version. :cool:

Any input on the titanium line is welcome. :D

I just can't seem to get away from these Taurus innovations.
Silly Brazilians. :p

Thanks,
Mikey

I had to go to the Taurus website to see which one that is. 41 magnum with a 2½" barrel. Hmmm....That would be some nice power in a small package. I don't have much experience with 41 magnum, but I would have to wonder about ammo availability if you ever travel with it. It might be out there but it might not. I'd take a look. Also, the 41 Magnum isn't gonna get quite as good of ballistics from the short tube as it would from a 4" or 6" tube. Now, that's not really a reason to avoid it. I am one of them that prefers magnum calibers in all lengths. It might also be a worthwhile investment. If they keep passing all these stupid laws, magnums are sure to be attacked before long. You'll be holding a valuable little handgun. After weighing it all, if 41 Magnum is your cup of tea, I say go for it. :)

I have a Total Titanium Model 85 38 snubbie. So far it has functioned perfectly. It always gets compliments at the range, and is a great carry gun due to its light weight.....

taurusm85ti.jpg

I would think that 41 Magnum coming out of a 2 1/2" barrel, especially titanium weighing 20.9 oz, would be somewhat unpleasant to shoot. I just picked up both a S&W 657 and Ruger Blackhawk in 41 Magnum and I was surprised at the felt recoil out of the S&W which weighs 52 oz. The Blackhawk at 40 oz had no felt recoil whatsoever (possibly my hands were numb by then :) )

Well amazingly enough, the 415 stainless has very little muzzle flip, but kicks straight back in a major way. It doesn't hurt in the hands due to the awesome grips Taurus uses, but I did feel it in my shoulders. :(
I agree the titanium 41mag may just be too much for us mere mortals to handle.
Ammo selection is indeed poor, but man o man it's a beastie. :cool:
I tend to be a masochist though. :D

Thanks all,
Mikey

Smiths

My N frame magnums have wood grips on for looks.
It sort of a catch 22 as the Smiths recoil pushes
straight back. The wood grips give a nice firm
feel which transfers the kick evenly but punishes
the skin. BUT themono grips absorb/cushion energy BIMHO--- look bad. Tell 'ya one thing, the .44Mag Mountain with max load and wood grips sends
me home early....dewey
*** SORRY, what as was GOING to say is there is
a weight floor for .41 & .44 Mags. You might end up with a no-fun-gun. ***

Have 415 and 425. Ti are OK with Silvertips, CorBon and ProLoad. Brutal with Remington and Federal full loads.
The triggers leave a lot to be desired compared to my Smiths.
The old: carry a lot, shoot little, IMHO.
Porting and ribber grips help, but not enough.:p

Back