Taurus .357 Ti Tracker

Bud Helms

A while back, some one posted a retail source in Ilinois that was selling these for $330. My retailer says he can't sell them for less than $475. Rock bottom retail. He usually goes straight to 10% if he thinks you're serious and I buy regularly there. Has anyone seen these lately? What are they going for in your area? I'm in central GA.

No, Atlanta is not central GA. :D

I'm not so sure I do want one, but I will satisfy my curiosity before I decide. There is the carry advantage. I presume that recoil isn't as noticeable in "the fray" as it is on the range. For a .357 I prefer a four inch minimum barrel. Six is better. I have carried my GP-100. It is quite heavy at the end of the day. Mostly, I am curious.

I have two 4" GP's; they are heavy, but I like that.
How do you carry them?

What is your intended purpose for this gun?

--------------------------------------------------

"all my handguns that rotate are big honkin' Ruger rotaters"

If you get a lead on a good source for the 6 inch Ti please post it here. I was going to go with the stainless but I just about have myself talked into the Ti. The Ti runs about 475-500 in my area (PA).

Intended Purpose?

I have to have a purpose for it? I was thinking about just HAVING it ...:) To begin with I NEED this sucker because it beckons me day and night ... 'know what I mean?

But seriously, IF I get it, the use will be for those days in the woods, in the off season from hunting. Cemetary cleaning ...no one likes to think about it, but some OLD graves are snake pits. I'm not a snake-hunter, but they like to come out when the air temp is right. Walking in the woods for extended periods. Those days that you are active, moving around and walking a lot and in the woods. I have to get some weight off. Hogs are legal year-round and the best to take are the young up to around 100 lbs.

A thought just occurred ... why SHOULDN'T I buy it?:D I know my KGP-141 will do all this, but it is a HUNK on the hip. Actually, I may get used to totin' the Ruger before I save enough for the Taurus.

I have come to like to the Galco Silhouette or FLETCH. Very affordable through my gun shop. Silhouette seems to ride higher. Strong side (right).

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have two Taurus Model 85 snubbies. Why do I have or need two 38s? Why not? I am a big fan of 38 snubbies, and that is reason enough for me. I was very curious about the Ti Model 85 so I went ahead and bought it along with a Stainless version. I have been very pleased with both.

Here is my Ti Model 85. Ain't she cute??

taurusm85ti.jpg

I just bought a Stainless Tracker in .357, and the dealer (good friend of my Dad's) gave it to me at his price plus tax and I paid $400.00. If you can get a Titanium for $330, you better stock up!

I think that you saw the price of a stainless steel Tracker. I have yet to see a titanium Tracker for less than $450, in any state. It could be that I haven't gone to the right places.

Curious type......

Oh.

Myself, I like heft (but that's just me).

Thank you.

-------------------------------------

"all my handguns are ferrous handguns"

Back