Taurus 16 oz 6-shot 2" .38 +P

This isn't a criticism of Taurus, but really the industry as a whole with the extreme light weight (and 16oz isn't the lightest .38 snub out there) .38 snubs when they get too light I'd rather load a lighter bullet with a light load to tame the recoil and by the time I get down to very low recoil loads in a .38, I could have 100gr in .32 Mag instead and the extra round.

The recoil with the .32's could be a bit lighter with a lighter bullet, but 100gr is my preference and expansion isn't impossible if the bullets were built to expand at 925 fps.

My issue is, other than Charter Arms, the industry has wholly abandoned the .32 H&R Mag in a double action, instead focusing on .327 Federal in heavier frames built for .357 Magnum.

I concur. I would rather a wad cutter verses the +P. IMHO, a much more potent choice. Being it's in a light weight revolver.

Do you have a favorite load that fits this? Looking to feed my S&W 332 :)

The recoil with the .32's could be a bit lighter with a lighter bullet, but 100gr is my preference and expansion isn't impossible if the bullets were built to expand at 925 fps.

Do you have a favorite load that fits this? Looking to feed my S&W 332 :)
If you don't care about hollow points then it's hard to beat the wadcutter. If you reload you could use Lil' Gun powder, however that would eat the forcing cone and S&W .32 Mags aren't common, so I wouldn't do that to it. For factory low recoil, I believe Hornady is still making the Critical Defense loading that uses an 80gr bullet. It's been proven to expand at 950 fps, so as long as that ammo is close to that velocity out of your 332, it will work.

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate the info!

If you don't care about hollow points then it's hard to beat the wadcutter. If you reload you could use Lil' Gun powder, however that would eat the forcing cone and S&W .32 Mags aren't common, so I wouldn't do that to it. For factory low recoil, I believe Hornady is still making the Critical Defense loading that uses an 80gr bullet. It's been proven to expand at 950 fps, so as long as that ammo is close to that velocity out of your 332, it will work.

Back