Tasco World Class Plus scope quality

aztec777

I just picked up a beautiful Browning BLR in 308 and have questions about the scope. It's a Tasco World Class Plus 3x9x44. Does anyone have any experience with this series? If so, please let me know. I have had nothing but trouble with Tasco scopes, even on 22's, in the past and want to change out this scope. I'm getting incredible accuracy with this setup. I am looking at Zeiss or Burris. Thanks for the help.

Steve

For an endorsement, of sorts, take a look at the Ruger No. 1 on the cover of the latest American Rifleman. It has a Tasco WC Plus 3X9 on it. The endorsement is probably more commercial than actual so take it FWIW.

I have run 2 of these on .223 AR15's and I don't have a complaint. Infact, just upgraded to one of their 10x50-56mm "tactical" scopes... and love it too!

Try it out. It should be fine... and if it's not, Tasco is great with their warranties - I believe it's lifetime - I am told. Never have had to use the warranty on the 3 of mine, so I can't really say...

Here is Tasco's web site if you need it... http://www.tascosales.com/products.html

Good luck. If you try it out, I think you will see that they have changed what they do at Tasco. Can't beat em for the price...

I've had no problems with any tasco scope I've had.. and IHMO, the optics are CLEARER than those on my dad's Burris scope. I currently use a world class 3x9x40 on my 30-06

tasco's no hassle warranty is pretty cool.. dad sent them a pair of binnos he ran over with the truck.. replaced at no charge.

Dr.Rob

When a company is geared for a low cost limited quality product you can not expect that company to put out a high quality product made by the same people on the same line with the same attitude toward production. Regardless of what the product is. You will not consistently get any more quality that the general line of product. If you would take a snapshot of employ attitude at any one of the quality houses and compare it with the attitude of the Tasco employ there will be a definite difference. I will give you a sample that will give you definite proof of this. When Night Force ,Springfield and Shepherd was unsatisfied with Quality they were getting from Hakko they were unable to pressure Hakko to improve Quality. The only way that they were able to get an upgrade in quality was to move the production of their scopes to Light Optical Works who were geared to high quality work. If you want cheap scopes go to a cheap house but if you want a quality scope go to a quality house.

Gale. I have to agree with you, at least in part. I have had Tasco's that were out and out crap. I have had Tasco's that are some. of the best scopes I own.
I have one cheapie ($29.95) made in Japan that has been on a .375 H&H that been totally trouble free. I have a 3x9 World Class that has been on three rifles and has also been trouble free. However, looking at some of the later WC and 4X scopes made in China? Well I looked at 3 different 4X, and 4 of the 3x9 WC's The 4's were made in China and were horrible optically. The 3x9's were made in the Phillipines and while they were not so bad optically, the power change ring turned roughly and you could hear grating sounds when changing power. I have a spotting scope, an 18x36, that has to go back to the factory. It supposedly has a lifetime warrany. We'll see.
Paul B.

aztec777,
In your other post regarding this new rig (I'll be looking at that BLR for one of my next rifles ;))you said you don't trust Tasco. If that's the case, scrap it. When hunting, there's too much at stake to bet the hunt, and most importantly, the SHOT, on something you don't trust.

I wholeheartedly recomend looking at a Leupold. IMHO Leupold is is the best scope for the $. A good 3x9x40 Vari-XII will set you back about $220, but you'll never need another scope. Dad, brother, and I have 6 of these scopes on six rifles, and they've performed flawlessly. All but the newest one have seen several years of hard hunting.

I only know one person who has a Zeiss scope (3x9 or 10 if memory serves) and I never could figure out where the extra grand he paid for it went. Nice scope, but not that nice.

I recently bought a used 22-250 (Rem 700 w/custom bull barrel, custom trigger, and scope for $600, Merry X-mas to me!) wearing a 6x18x~40 Burris Scope. Seems like a very nice scope, but time will tell

Lonestar-I have the advantage of being an exhibitor at gun shows in my area and pick up accessories, ammo, scopes, cases, and other "stuff". I have many things I can trade off for either a Burris or a Zeiss without getting hurt at all. I've had trouble with Leupold in the past also and shy away from those scopes. I am on the hunt for the Burris as we speak. I just can't get over my lack of confidence in this Tasco. I will probably put it up for sale/trade soon. I'd like to thank all who posted their experiences and opinions about the Tasco line.

There is just nothing better than sound information and advice from an insider.
Thanks Gale and the rest of you fine folks.

Tr y a B&L. Just bought a Eliete 3000 4x12 and the optics are great. The price was very good. E. Arther Brown (1-800-950-9088) has a good price on these scopes.
Hope this helps
dcb <><

------------------

If you don't mind spending the $$, get a Shepherd or a Unertl. You can't go wrong with either of these. I agree with DCB as well. I've been using B&L and been satisfied. But like all things, you can get a lemon or a great product.

Back