Tasco scopes

Nitescout

At a recent gun show I purchased a Springfield armory scope mount for my M1A...Attached to that was a "Tasco World Class Plus" 10X40X50...I didn`t use it on my m1a...but was wondering if any one out there had any experience with one...I also have an old 6X24X40 on my .308 bolt gun...It seems to be of decent quality...I didn't buy it new so I don't know much about it either...any thoughts???

Tasco if made in Japan is usually a pretty decent scope, if made in China it's junk. I have a Tasco Titan made in Japan and I'll put it up against any Leupold of the same era. Of course it was Tasco's attempt to break into the higher end scope market.

I once had a Tasco World Class 6x24x40. I guess about 1996 vintage. Same POI at both 6X and 24X. I did the 4" box with three-shot groups, and the fifth group was superimposed on the first group. Definitely a good scope.

I have 2 old Japanese 30mm tube Euroclass 1.5x-6x 44mm scopes, pretty nice old scopes. I also have their lesser expensive replacement, a Chinese made 1.5x-6x Euroscope. Not quit as nice but far from garbage. I prefer my older VariX II's over all of them though.

I have an older Tasco 3x9x32 that's been on more rifles then I could list, it's mounted on a semi custom 8mm Mauser 98 now, still tracks true.

I have two of their older 6x24x44 target scopes mounted on two different rifles, I've tested both on tracking and both track true.
I wish I would have purchased a couple more of these when they were available.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter

I bought a tasco earlier this year to put on my new AR until I could afford something better.

There are definitely better scopes out there, no question. However, I am really impressed with how well it holds its zero. I've had it out shooting a handful of times and to my memory I don't think I've had to make any adjustments.

Back