Tasco Optima 2000 Red Dot Sight??

timrh23

Guys,

This sight looks really cool, 1.5 inches in length, weighing only .5 ounces. Anyone had any experiece with this sight? They have 3 versions one with 3.5 MOA and one with 7 MOA. What does this MOA mean? Which is better?

Tim

I'm not sure if they're good or bad, but I'll tell ya what I saw. Last year after skiing I was coming back thru Nebraska and stopped at Cabella's outlet store. Went into the "Bargin Cave" (what a joke... no cave, no bargins). In the optics area they must of had a dozen Optimas that had been returned. And this for a product that had only been in their catalog for about 4 months. Didn't give me a warm fuzzy. -- Kernel

I own and love my Optima 2000...it is installed on my Kimber Classic Custom and has been flawless for the last 3000 rounds.

The bad news is that I originally installed the Optima 2000 on my Kimber and had a helluva time adjusting the sight, and shortly thereafter the sight said 'Nighty night" I called Tasco, started to explain what happened and the rep interupted with, " send it back for replacement" Two weeks later I received a New Optima 2000 that was easy to adjust and has given a flawless performance ever since.

This sight is incredilbe. You set it once and forget it...if you change ranges, you can either use Kentucky windage, or a simple turn on an allen screw will place your round right in the 10 ring.

It is small, light , very accurate, and easy to adjust.

Continued...

Tasco has great warranty and service...

The unit that is being produced today is bulletproof! It will deliver many thousands of rounds without a adjustment. Mine is one year old and still on the original battery.

Caveat: This board and others are loaded with folks who are not owners of products, but in fact, are hobbyists who dwell on fantasy, rumors, and gunpubs! You will need a good BS sifter!

I hope this helps...

I have an optima 2000 on a Kimber custom. I have returned it 3 times. it will not stay locked on. nad that is with light loads. It is being replaced with a BSA scope. anyone want to buy the new optima when it returns?

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

How much? You can email a price if you don't want to publish it!

(Have you been sending it to Tasco?, They replace with new units...my 1 year old 2000 has 3000 rounds without anything but a range adjustment...also on a Kimber)

How much? You can email a price if you don't want to publish it!

(Have you been sending it to Tasco?, They replace with new units...my 1 year old 2000 has 3000 rounds without anything but a range adjustment...also on a Kimber)

I'm not trying to dominate this thread, but I know (through the internet) many Kimber owners who are very happy with their Optimas...

The Optima 2000 must be firmly mounted to the slide.

10mm, whose mount are you using? The Kimber requires a special mount. EGW makes the mount for either fixed or adjustable slots on the Kimber. On some applications some slight shimming may be required. (I used two thicknesses of one of my business cards!) If you are interested contact George or Mike at EGW...www.egw-guns.com

The stock Tasco 1911 mounts will not work for a Kimber.

I hope this helps...

EGW has Glock Optima 2000 mounts available.

i was able to have George make up a special base for my Optima that fits on the Glock 20 and has a rear sight blade incorporated into the base. should be nice when he finishes it and i mount it on the gun. if the battery dies, i will have a iron sight back up...thus eliminating my greatest concern with mounting an electronic sight on my handguns...well, at least for the G20.

------------------
Mik

<A HREF="http://"http://marina.fortunecity.com/harbour/347/10mm.html"" TARGET=_blank>my 10mm page</A>

Back