Tasco mil dot scopes- opinions?

madkiwi

EA Brown is having a sale on Tasco (so they say) mil-dot scopes. They have a 2.5-10x42, adjustable parallax, in matt black for $69.

I was thinking of buying a SS 10x42M, but I am a cheap bast..d.

Any experiences with these scopes? Going to be mated with a short barrelled AR15 flat top, so super accuracy is a joke.

Madkiwi

I'm no fan of mil-dots, and certainly not of Tasco.
The one is clutter in the sight picture, the other is the only scope I ever had break from .308 recoil. Parts rattled around in it... :barf:

Actually madkiwi, I'm doing the samething you are. Call it boredom or a glutten for punishment but I picked up a Tasco scope just to play with. I thought I would try it out on my AR first to see how it does then switch it over to one of my .308's. Now before Gunmart starts in I have leupold and Burris on all my other rifles and handguns. So I am not a fan of cheap scopes. I just wanted to see what this scope was made of and what it would do. Like I said, I'm bored.

I did think it was interesting that it was made in China instead of Japan like the others.

SPL 6-18x42R
Made in China
BC13 0003
(1/4" click)

6X12X42 tasco promo

I put one on a savage 12FV 22-250 because I was broke and didn't know the scope had to cost twice as much as the gun (rookie mistake.)Fast forward 8 months,The thing drives tacks and I've embarassed a few friends w/ a lot more expensive rigs!I admit the eye relief is touchy and I've never shot over 400yds but it is still on there.Every time I get any spare cash (2-300$)I swear I'm putting new glass on the savage.Then I shoot it and just can't justify it.Probably the best 70$ I have spent in a while.P.S.over 200rds and it returns to zero,always! Stay out of the hot sun,Bluefish

Back