Tarus

The new 942?

no.

But the 992 is/was Taurus's work on 22 on a larger frame. Might want to read up on the 992 and see if you think Taurus will have better success with 22 on a smaller frame.

Yes

Never heard of Tarus. A new company?
Don't ya just love it when someone who knows better, try's to put you in your place !!! .... :rolleyes:

I've seen them but don't know what's current. I know they made a convertible. ... :)

Be Safe !!!

Don't ya just love it when someone who knows better, try's to put you in your place !!! .... :rolleyes:

New brands show up all the time. Girsan, Canik, Laugo, Radical Firearms, SAR, Zastava, SCCY Tisas, and probably a whole lot more have been introduced to us in recent years.

If the OP meant Taurus, it is their responsibility to spell it right. Misspelling it once suggests its a typo, Misspelling it twice means I might be wrong to assume it’s Taurus. It could be a new brand. That’s why I asked. If that bothers you, too bad.

Reviewed in American Rifleman: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/review-taurus-942-revolver/

I haven't shot the new 942. I own a Taurus 94 in .22 LR, that I have owned for probably close to 20 years. As the author of the above review suggested, the trigger was "abysmal." I fixed mine (making it not "good," but "less horrible") with a spring kit from Wolf Gunsprings. The reviewer seems to think the new 942 has a better trigger, which -- IMHO -- would be important.

Other than the trigger, my Taurus 94 has been a good gun. Even with a reduced-weight hammer spring it sets off every brand of ammunition I have run through it.

I've had the 942 (LR, not mag) on my list since before the pandemic and they've been MIA ever since. A few show up on the gunbroker, but at prices way above what I think they're worth.

If the triggers are above average for a .22 revolver, that is music to my ears. Now if only I could get one for a normal price...

Back