• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Taptalk and the costant pop up's on mobile device.

CPTMurdoc30

Who's idea was that? Why does it pop up every time you click on ANYTHING? It is such a bad idea I stopped visiting on my mobile devices. Is there a way you can turn it off? I know what you are going to say just get taptalk. No, I refuse to buy taptalk I have no need for it when my mobile devices all offer a full web browser.

Using it right now, it's pretty handy and is quicker loading and easy to navigate. I felt the same way to and finally gave it a shot. Glad I did...

I am sure it is good. But, I don't feel like paying to view a free forum.

If buying taptalk for this forum gave me access to a members only area then I MIGHT pony up. But, when my browser works just fine and is fast as it is why do I need to? I could deal with a single pop up when I visit the site that says hey we use taptalk. But good lord everything you click on gives you a darn pop up saying BUY TAPTALK or we are going to nag at you till you do or leave.

If that notice comes up every time then you gave a cookie problem. I use tapatalk but I do occasionally access the forum using safari. I only get the notice occasionally, once per day maybe, maybe not even that often.

I wouldn't know I don't visit on my mobile devices. I will try and check it out this evening when I get home and let you know here or via PM.

Thanks for your work.

Back