Tanner Gun Show

BAB

Can anyone, especially all you Coloradans, tell me anything about the Tanner Gun Show going on in Denver, Nov. 20-21 and Dec. 18-19? How is it? How does it compare to others? Is it a small show, large show, etc...? Respectable?

One reason I ask is that I've never been to a gun show, and am considering attending. Also, I'll probably bring my wife, and would like it to be a good experience for her, to help ensure future attendances.

Thanks.

These are the best shows in the Denver area. You won't find any super-killer deals on any firearms (I can point you to some Denver area dealers who reliably do better), but some good ones, and lots of variety.

Good deals on ammo, both practice and premium. There's an outfit from Kalifornia (doing business as "Wholesale Ammo") that reloads once fired brass from police and military ranges, which I've found to be of consistently high quality. Not one bad round in thousands (.40 and .223). Some really crappy reloaded stuff to be found, too, so be careful.

Lots of t-shirts, military surplus, nylon cases, cheap holsters, books, reloading equipment and components, knives, war collectibles, etc., too.

Unless your wife is pretty patient or really into this stuff, leave her at home (or drop her off at the mall, or have her drop you off - parking can be a bitch) or you'll feel rushed. I like to take my time and browse every table, which takes a few hours. It's crowded and often hot, and easy to get separated from companions.

I'm SOing an IDPA match on Saturday, but plan on going to the show at opening on Sunday.

Never been to the Tanner shows, but the Sertoma shows in C-Springs are usually very good. Besides which, the location for Sertoma is about 5 miles from my house, and I don't have to drive through PRD to get there. :)

The next Sertoma show is 26-28 November.

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question.." Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

Thanks, both of you.

Morgan,
I tried calling the number listed for the show, but no one answered. I was interested in little details like what time in the morning they open, how to get to the Denver Merchandise Mart where the show will be held, entrance fee amount, etc. Any chance you could fill in for whomever should be answering the phone but isn't?

Thanks!

Crap! My mistake - I was commenting on the Crossroads shows (Nov. 13/14, Jan. 8/9) at the Holiday Inn at I-70 and Chambers.

Tanner shows aren't so great. Not as big, more expensive, etc. Until I hear differently I'm skipping them.

Info on Crossroads shows is at www.crossroadsgunshows.com .

Think we should be able to make the Crossroads show saturday. Been to the Tanner one and was not really excited by it.

the one big draw back to the crossroad's of the west show is that the tax is higher than at the tanner show's i believe it is 8.5% vs 6.5% at tanner. i like both of them. there are more vendor's at tcotw than tanner since they do not have to drive thru denver transporting politically incorrect gun's to the show. as for ammo look for colorado bullet's can't miss bill( rather large and looks like he missed his coffee before the show's)`he alway's has good deal's on military ammo
morgan will you be at the owc idpa on the 27th.

Both Tanner and crossroads shows can be a lot of fun. Bring cash and be prepared to spend a few hours browsing.

the little guys do more wheeling and dealing than the big dealers, but bargains can be had if you shop smart.

See yuou at the shows,

Dr.Rob

Back