Tanfoglio wins IPSC 99

Sgt Rod

Inactive
A shooter using a Tanfoglio Gold Custom (same maker of the Witness line of pistols) won the Open Class IPSC World Shoot XII in Cebu Philippines (99). Another participant using a Tanfoglio Limited HC Custom got third place in Standard Class. Not bad for a company that only produces "cheap" CZ-75 clones. For more info. go to www.tanfoglio.it and see. The more I learn about this company and their products the more I like it. Am I the only one?

You are far from the only one. Tangfolio also makes what looks like a knockoff of the Baby Eagle in .40 S&W, but I am of the opinion that it is far better ergonomically. If/when I get around to buying a .40 S&W, that gun is likely to be it. The one and only objection that I have is that the slide is a bit thin, as I have very large hands and fingers, and I believe I would have a hard time racking it in a stressful situation.

For the money, I believe Tangfolio's represent one of the better values on the market today.

The reason the slide is thinner is that it rides inside the rails on the frame. This is usually thought of as an advantage. I have a 9mm and 45ACP and they're both great guns, very underated. Reddog

I agree with you about them being good guns. I just have a problem grabbing that slide. Doesn't make it a bad gun, just a bad gun for me. Sort of like Glocks, which I just cannot get myself to point naturally. So, while they too are good guns, they are NOT good for me.

That all being said, I STILL may buy a Tangfolio, because the rest of the ergonomics are just outstanding for my hands and natural pointing tendencies.

With all the positive praise of these guns, now is probably the time to grab one (or 2 or 3). I bought one for $299 a few months ago and already the price for the same gun has increased by $34 at my local gunshop. They just can't keep the things in stock. They are the type of gun that make you feel as though your money was well spent.

I sure like the 45 Witness I bought. I'm going to order the 22cal conversion as soon as they're back in stock at EAA. I paid $309 for the one I have in the "Wonder Finish" and I believe my money was well spent. I've put several hundred rounds through it so far with 0 malfunctions.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

Back