Talon Grips

keithdog

They come rubberized and sand paper. What are the pros and cons? Which do you prefer and why? I just watched a video from Hickcock45 and he installs the sand paper version on his guns, but he didn't say why he preferred it over the rubberized. I've never held a gun with either installed, but I would think the rubberized would feel more comfortable to shoot with. :rolleyes: Just curious what you prefer and why?

i prefer a tuff1 sleeve. its thin and has a little tack to it so i have no concerns about losing my grip while firing.

just my $0.02

The sandpaper/skateboard-tape grip tape is for competition where a rock solid grip trumps comfort. The rubber version is more for carry where you really don't want lots of skin sanded off while it's holstered. I use the rubber version. Properly installed the rubber version is grippy, comfortable, and looks good.

I have both and I prefer the granulate.

Why? Because it offers a better grip and does not interfere with carry for me.

I applied the rubberized version to my XDs 45 and it helped the grip texture quite a bit. The plain stocks were too lumpy, for lack of a better term.

Rubberized for me. New tried the sandpaper.

I just received a new set for my SIG MK25 in the mail this week.

Thanks for the replies guys. The results are very similar to another gun forums I belong to. I'm going to order the rubberized today. :D

Back