Talon Grips question

OhioGuy

I've used the rubberized Talon Grips on two pistols and like them, but haven't seen or tried the grittier "skateboard tape" texture.

How gritty is it? How aggressive is it compared to, say, the stippling on the M&P 2.0 grips?

Had them on my Kahr CM9, I haven’t handled the 2.O S&W yet but I can’t imagine 2.O’s grips being more aggressive than the Talon grips, the Talon’s are really aggressive.
Just to add, the Talon grips are absolutely excellent IMO, I was constantly re-adjusting my grip on the Kahr after a couple of rounds, the Talon grips/wraps cured that quickly.
If I were to say that there was a downside it would be IWB carry. Anytime I stood I had to make sure my shirt wasn’t sticking to the gun grips exposing my firearm.

The M2.0 stippling will leave patterns in your hands after you shoot them for a while. I tried putting one into an IWB holster in the store and quickly realized I'd have no skin left if I didn't wear an undershirt.

Good info on the gritty Talon Grips. The rubberized ones do work very well on my PPS, many times better than the stock grip texture, but they can still slip a little with sweaty hands. Now if the gritty Talons end up causing gun exposure and/or extreme pain then they may over-solve my problem :)

Can Talon Grips be easily removed if I realize I want to switch them out for something else?

As far as removing them, I don’t know, I wondered the same thing but I would imagine you would have to work pretty hard at getting them off.

yes, they are easily removed and leave no to very iittle adhesive residue which can easily be cleaned off with dish soap. But there are other manufactures of similar rubbeized or grit grips that are better than talons. I have the full wrap arounds on my Kahr PM9 by "gripon".

The rubberized Talon grips didn’t work so good on my Gen3 Glock 19. The piece at the bottom of the backstrap would always shift & bunch up during a shooting session. I replaced it with a Hogue monogrip on it which worked better for me.

Back