Talo 10/22

Chainsaw.

I'd like to buy a very good friend of mine a 10/22, he works his tail off and has even sold a few of his guns to get he and his lovely wife out of debt. I have to admit I was kind of the bad influence in his life who lead him to the wonderful world of firearms. That being said the guy has never had what I think is one of the key rifles to any collection, a semi auto 22. So, to reward him for his hard work I'd like to change that and get him a 10/22. Originally I thought of the classic blued on wood, but gaving perused gun genie I found the Talo exclusive which is SS receiver and barrel on checked and ruger branded wood stock. Is this set up as nice as it appears to be? Abyone have experience with the talo exclusives?

And yes this rifle will be legally transfered to his name.

Very nice gesture.

Abyone have experience with the talo exclusives?

Some experience but there are so many of them these days. The ones I have seen and shot, are very attractive/flashy. They don't shoot any better but they are pretty. I think your friend would appreciate a generous gift like this. It would be extra special because it came from you. …… ;)

Be Safe !!!

Thanks pahoo. Didnt imagine they'd shoot any better, but I can make a 10/22 a little better than factory, mostly was after the nicer aesthetics. :cool:

I had a customer buy a Talo 10/22. Nice wood, shoots well. I bought a blued/walnut sporter for myself, it was about $20 more.

I guess the thing I would be concerned about is that if your friend is having financial difficulties, any rifle you give him as a gift might end up being sold as well.

Talo is over-done

I didn't realize it, but this sporter is a TALO rifle too.

jmr40
I don't know how they can call this a Talo but it use to be a Distributor exclusive. There is really nothing that is Talo about it but I'll bet you will pay more, for that name. At one time, they called this model a Target/Varminter Sporter. …… ;)

A shooting buddy of mine, offered to sell me a beautiful Talo stock. He was switching it out for a standard stock that he used for hunting and decided to just keep the action and barrel in his hunting stock. ….. :confused:

Be Safe !!!

I had a customer buy a Talo 10/22. Nice wood, shoots well. I bought a blued/walnut sporter for myself, it was about $20 more.

I guess the thing I would be concerned about is that if your friend is having financial difficulties, any rifle you give him as a gift might end up being sold as well.
Nah, he's not having difficulties, he's sacrificing to get outta debt. Plus he wouldn't do that, he's the most honest, honorable person I've ever know. Good dude.
But certainly a genuine concern.

I went with a Talo model when I got my American. It’s really not better in function than a standard American, but it’s morr unique. Which is what Talo is great at, unique offerings.

If I wanted a unique factory 10/22, I’d buy a Talo. If I wanted something to build my own 10/22, I’d find the cheapest one possible.

I think the animal stocks that Talo has been doing are rather neat, like the Eagle one. It helps that I like the slimmer cut they use on the front of these stocks.

http://www.taloinc.com/ruger-firearms/eagle-1022-21199

Some of the talo designs have more drop in the butt stock. That stock was originally developed to use low sights. I have ordered a set of Williams sights for the one I just bought. I have scoped my other 10-22's. Years ago I read a trouble shooting guide for Ruger automatics by J. B. Wood. He said it was a tough assignment for the 10-22 because no body had any trouble with them!l

The 10/22's are very forgiving

He said it was a tough assignment for the 10-22 because no body had any trouble with them!l

All the troubles I am aware of with the 10/22 are self inflicted. That is to say, the owners cause most of the problems. I have worked on a number of them to the point that I "think" I can take them down, all the way, in the dark. Some aftermarket barrels have given me minor fitting problems. In order to be more competitive, Ruger has cut some corners and cheapened some materials but as I've said before, they are still that good. ….. :)

You don't see many used ones walking around at Gun Shows and a used one is not worth much money. When I do see one walking around I do take a second look as I like the earlier ones. …… ;)

Be Safe !!!

The Prettiest Talo version I own is a French Walnut Classic III. Where I live there is a shop that carries a lot of versions of the 10-22 and the owner is also a 10-22 collecter who is wanting to sell some. Talo is now selling the Classic VII which is a stainless gun with a french walnut stock that pops. It is limited to 1000 units. I just purchased the M1 Carbine version Talo had made. Have put the sling and oiler on it from EA Brown and ordered the military reproduction case also. I have a buttstock magazine holder on the way. I have a part for Scott Werx that you epoxy a regular 10/22 10 shot magazine on that looks like an M-1 carbine magazine.

http://www.1022fungun.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=16

Last edited:
Back