Take THAT, purists!

I just got an M91-30. The bolt is incredibly clean; much cleaner than the pitted bolt that came with my M39. So you know what I did? I switched 'em! :eek: Now the serial numbers don't match! :eek: Next I'm going to switch the stocks! :eek:

Take that, purists!

You'll be visted (soon) by these guys!

Agent_Smith2.jpg

Easy to use the same bolt head so headspace isn't affected on either rifle. With steel cased russian ammo I wouldn't worry so much as it headspaces off the rim. With brass ammo I'd worry about the shoulder distance to the chamber, and set up my reloading dies accordingly.

Jimro

At least you're not taking a hack saw to the bolts, drilling and taping to put a low bolt handle on them, making firewood out of the stocks, replacing them with plastic, and drilling two holes in the top of the receivers to attach a scope rail dangeling out over the bolts!:D

Jimro, just for the record, all rimmed cartridges headspace off the rim. If the headspace is correct, fire 'em once in your chamber then neck size only. The shoulder is relatively unimportant as the case fireforms to your chamber. GW

GoatWhiskers,

Neck sizing is another way to do it for sure. You'll still need to bump shoulders back a bit eventually with a partial resize eventually, or just chuck the brass when it gets that enlarged.

Jimro

Back