tactical tailor fight light plate carrier sizing question

sendit15

Inactive
This rig appears to be sized to ESAPI plate sizes.

Trying to translate ESAPI sizes to actual measurements for civy armor (e.g. 10" x 12"). Is wiki-crappia info GTG regarding measurements for ESAPI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_Arms_Protective_Insert)? If yes, why are civy plates different measurements? Is there a 'nominal' consideration, similiar to how a 2 x 4 isn't really 2" by 4" ?

Mods: if this is the wrong sub-forum, apologies. Pls move and update thread with new link

The link didnt work for me. However, there are several sizes of plates, and different cuts. Plus, flat or radiused, and plates with multiple contours.
I believe the dod uses a basic standard sized plate, and civilian plates are made in that size. But, i havent exactly studied the sizing that much. I have plates that fit my carrier, but they are not dod esapi plates.
10x12 is a pretty standard size, but there are larger and smaller plates, for bigger or smaller statured people.
You could go on gunbroker or a similar site, and email a question for actual measurements to a seller selling esapi plates. Get real measurements.

Back