Tactical/SD Training Books, DVDs etc..

In all honesty Chucky just simply hang around this forum and you will learn a lot for the price of your time. Yes, there are good books but let me recommend you start with SWAT Magazine so we can keep this forum going and our friends employed.

;)

The CMP Bookstore (Civilian Marksmanship Program) has several outstanding books and DVDs at reasonable prices that cover not only Marksmanship Fundamentals but ones that will help you in SD also, "Close Quarter Combat" comes to mind, the DVD is $6.95. These were produced by the Army Marksmanship Unit and the CMP.

https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=catalogList&cat=BKS

The NRA Bookstore also has several books and DVDs but I don't find them near as good as the CMP. I don't have their website for the books.

Blackwater also produces some excellent DVDs on shooting, both fundamentals and self defense. I don't like them as well as the USAMU/CMP programs but they are better then the NRAs.

One everyone should read is SHOOTING TO LIVE by Capt. W.W. Fairbarin, Police Commissioner in Shanghai during the 30s when gangs ran the city.
Fairbarin's book was reproduced and distributed by the USMC. Fairbarin was involve in more then 600 shootings and his book should be required reading for anyone intending to use the pistol/revolver in LE, Military, for Civilian SD.

I have Fairbarin's book on .pdf format, if you PM me with your e-mail address I'll send it to you.

Back