TACTICAL ROUNDS?

Reason for the question is that I'm looking at the Estate Tactical that Natchez has on sale for $2.19 a box of 10. Sounds too good to be true!

Tactical is a marketing double speak term meaning less recoil. Two different threads exist on the Estate buckshot deal. It's good stuff at a good price. Get some, you won't be disappointed..

Giz

I have some Estate tactical shotgun ammo and love it. I HATE heavy recoil!! (must be old age and shoulder).
Well worth the price.
I use it for bowling pin shooting events. More than enough to take the pins off and very little recoil.
Compared to standard double 00 I found the recoil to be a lot less, more like a heavy small bird load.
Can't to wrong with it!!

Recoil isn't an issue for me, I'm big, experienced, have good form and 9 lb 00 shooters with long forcing cones. So, the regular 00 doesn't bother me.

The Estate SWAT Ammo(Some of which I can see right now) patterned tighter than any other. Less kick, but I'm not sure how much.

Prior to the Estate 00, the best 00 I had tried in my HD 870 was the Winchester standard stuff, which had been my old duty load,tho Federal wasn't too far behind.

If memory serves, the Winchester stuff runs 20-24" at 25 yards from my chokeless HD tool, and the Estate stuff 16-20".Your results may differ, but the various BB members who reported using this stuff were not mentioning ANY problems or shortcomings, TTBOMK.

IMO, the Estate SWAT 00 ammo is the best buy out there. Best performance, lowest cost...

Estates is good stuff. You won't be disappointed with either choice. I shoot the box of 10 for $2.19 with great results.

I'll chime in too and recommend the Estate reduced recoil buck.

If you're interested in slugs too, Remington makes a reduced recoil slug that performs well for me, and at a lower cost than "tactical" rounds like Federal's LE127 (?) rifled slug.

Back