Tactical Lazer stuck on rail

KXhod

Inactive
I have a Insight Technology M6 Tactical Lazer Illuminator Model TLI-001
I have had it for years and have removed it many times to clean my firearm or change the batteries in the unit. This time when I went to remove it it would not come off the Picatinny rail. Have tried pushing the latch down but didn’t work. It is a simple process using two fingers to push the side bars in down and sliding it forward and off the rail.
I am hoping someone knows how to remove it. I took it to a gun shop but the gunsmith could not remove it without fear of damaging my Sig

Attachments

• light.JPG
    light.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 37
Try using a plastic punch, wood dowel, or even a pencil to tap it off without damage or marring. You may need an extra set of hands or a vise.

So you need to push those two nubs inward?

If it were me, I would start by using a few layers of painter's tape or masking tape on frame of the Sig, both sides. Also tape up or somehow cushion the nubs you need to compress and the body of the light. I guess everything. Just don't tape the light to the pistol. Then you can use escalating levels of force/tools to assist, or a combo. Something like a ratcheting clamp, bar clamp, bench vice, Vice grips to squeeze the nubs. If the nubs are not the most prominent part that would be compressed by a tool, tape on a couple small pieces of wood so that if the wood pieces were compressed the nubs would be compressed first rather than the body or head of the light. If the nubs squeeze in but then you have trouble sliding it forward/off, you need to use something that will keep the nubs compressed while you tap the light off. Like others have mentioned, plastic or wood as a punch is good.

I wonder. Did the battery swell up and bugger things up? Or maybe rust on the inside? At the worst, if you really need it off, you can destroy the light.

Back